Winter

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
Lovely on Ladies Beach don't have to worry about taking car out and not finding somewhere to park lol , still enough restaurants open to keep us happy .
Can get on dulmus easy if we want to go to town of an evening.
Will get to February and then I have had enough bring the warm weather on :)

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
sounds like heaven Anthony07
It is for me, as we live near the national park we have all the wild life giving us a visit, from foxes to wild pig, and all kinds of birds, the changing colors on the leaves and the winter flowers starting to come out makes it a lovely place to be. I really appreciate the dry but cold weather, we have our supply of winter wood for the log burner (I brought over from Wales) and lots of hot çay on the stove and Figen makes lots of hot traditional Turkish food. So for me I like the winter, a slower pace and not so much hustle and bustle.

Hi Anthony, How do you compare winter there to winter in Wales. Im seeing -1 at night on the forecasts. Do you get frost? If in a summer house have you done any modifications for the cold weather. I am thinking of retiring out to Kush ergo the research.
Tnx
Bren

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
Hi Anthony, How do you compare winter there to winter in Wales. Im seeing -1 at night on the forecasts. Do you get frost? If in a summer house have you done any modifications for the cold weather. I am thinking of retiring out to Kush ergo the research.
Tnx
Bren
I will send you a PM ;)

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
Well nobbling this morning, Figen is not happy with these cold morning lol me I don't mind as long as they are dry, birds singing everywhere clean and crisp , yep thats for me. Woodburner loaded up, wood supplies will be arriving tomorrow two and a half tons, that will keep us through this winter. The grandsons will come tomorrow to sort out the wood and stack it in the bodrum (cellar) bless em. We will (Inshalla) be ready for the winter then, Charlie (our doberman) is happy with the winter, she is allowed more freedom because there are not many people about where we live. She just loves to run about and investigate everything, she is a good guard dog, woe betide anybody who comes into her zone, she is however very gentle and loving to the family that is, she is a lovely dog sometimes stubborn but very loving.

OMG am I seeing things. Google weather forecast has snow/sleet for Kusadasi next Sat and night temp of "-6" on the Sun. Yes I read it twice to be sure it is -6 for Sunday night.

B

Hi we just come back from kus. It was freezing.our friends have aircon and was nice in there house, so looking into one for Easter. Minus 4 here in Wales but central heating lovely. Still wish we were there though

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
bıg storm ın the early mornıng and torrentıal raın here ın kus but atm ıts 17c---lots of snowy places on turkısh tv and people are havıng problems wıth power cuts but never seen snow here ın kus--thıs wınter ıs a far cry from a couple of years ago when ı was out ın t-shırt and shorts on xmas day.Its gonna get a lot colder over the next few days.

peril

Connoisseur
Well it's sandal and shirt weather here in Malta - few showers but pleasant. I believe that's all about to change tomorrow- cold wet and very windy- and to add insult to injury - it's going to be warm in Dublin this weekend- bummer!