Winter

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
Well on Sunday we're off to Iceland for a few days. The forecast in Reykjavic is cold but will feel even colder from the wind chill factor. Its strange to be going in holiday and packing boots and thermals, instead of shorts and sandals.
What a brilliant idea, can you please let us know how it goes please, I have been thinking about a trip to Iceland to see the aurora borealis :mrgreen::thumbsup: :tup:

Sounds like solid fuel back up is a must for the summer house style home. How often & for how long is a power cut in winter. In the summer we had them once a fortnight and either as an am or a pm. Locals said it was air con kicking in on the grid. Then there was the water oohhh that can be very iffy in the heat - no toilet etc :cry:

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
We have been lucky only one power cut , we was given warning so stayed in bed :) for most of it at it was 7 until 1 .A gas fire or some form of non electric heating is good we don't have any other than electric but if you know about it, its not really a problem can always go out.We did have a gas fire but never used so sold our friends seem to get more power cuts so they are very happy with it. Our heating is never a problem always lovely and warm. 280tl eclectic bill this time a lot more the normal but we do have a lot of heating, use aircon timer every morning nice and cosy for when we get up the thing is don't let your place get too cold hard to warm up.
Never have a water problem it not pumped we have a spare tank.

So its end of Feb 2017 - Rain & cold wind here in Ireland. I see 20 degrees forecast for Weds in Kush - Thats our summer temp if we are lucky. Is winter now OVER in Kusadasi???????
BTW I have 2 weeks booked for Easter ;-)

B

Really we can have any sort of weather here until May or Jun...yes its warm here at the moment but has been very mixed...hopefully you will be lucky at Easter but no guarantees İ am afraid...bring light jackets, a jumper or two and a brolly in case...

We have been lucky only one power cut , we was given warning so stayed in bed :) for most of it at it was 7 until 1 .A gas fire or some form of non electric heating is good we don't have any other than electric but if you know about it, its not really a problem can always go out.We did have a gas fire but never used so sold our friends seem to get more power cuts so they are very happy with it. Our heating is never a problem always lovely and warm. 280tl eclectic bill this time a lot more the normal but we do have a lot of heating, use aircon timer every morning nice and cosy for when we get up the thing is don't let your place get too cold hard to warm up.
Never have a water problem it not pumped we have a spare tank.
HOW ARE YOU GETTING ALONG WITH THE BILLS MINE USED TO BE 300TL THE LAST ONE WAS 1600TL, I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE WINTER. I HAVE JUST CHECKED THE BILL FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS AFTER I PAID THE 300. IT IS NOW 740TL. : (((