Back Home

peril

Connoisseur
Hi all, just arrived back from Kusadasi,after 7 weeks ,and when we arrived in Edinburgh,yep you guessed it ,rain lol, i miss kus so much, we hope to move in a year or two and live here, and hopefully make new friends, bye for now, Evie & Scott x
That'll be us next week- they're having a mini heatwave at home but I'll bet when we arrive it'll be cold and wet!

Arrived in Kusadasi on Tuesday Heavy rain on Wednesday................left on Tuesday evening in
heavy thunderstorm.Rest of the week was grand,poached the face off meself on Star Beach on
Friday,fell asleep with my hand on my ample stomach and now have a white map of Australia on
me belly.Usual Paddy tan, top of tighes and arms and lobster face.........not really into tanning any more ,too busy.
Nice week all round,had the most wonderful breakfast in Loft at Marine on Tuesday...... Turkish Breakfast.We have
had many in our day but this would rank as the Best breakfast ever we had .
Unfortunately we decided AT THE LAST MINUTE to bring our son with us to Kusadasi,booked flight (€600)
3days in Hotel €165 ,connections etc...........grand, E- Visa showing " not completed ",Asked son was his passport
in order " Yeah, its got 3 weeks left on it ! " You know where this is going. Tried the Passport office and the Turkish Embassy
to see if they could give us some sort of clearence as his passport was valid,...............we packed cases and car and into town
7:00am Tuesday morning as Monday was a Bank holiday.we felt the Gods might shine on us...............NO CHANCE.
Amid tears etc we had to drop our son home at 12:00 and head out to the airport,he was ok about it but it took the wife
3 days to get over it,much flooding of spontaneous tears ,Im sure people thought I was being a boor or we were having
an argument,but strange as it may seem gay waiters always seemed to know and and produced the paper hankies and
understanding for my wife.We got home on Wednesday morning at 3:00 am and he was there to give his Mom a hug,
all well that ends well ,exit stage right. CHECK YOUR DOCUMENTATION BEFORE BOOKING .
Bloody shopping hassle back in full force again ,...............will they never learn.
Must check to see if there are cheap flights back in October ?????????????????????????

Arrived in Kusadasi on Tuesday Heavy rain on Wednesday................left on Tuesday evening in
heavy thunderstorm.Rest of the week was grand,poached the face off meself on Star Beach on
Friday,fell asleep with my hand on my ample stomach and now have a white map of Australia on
me belly.Usual Paddy tan, top of tighes and arms and lobster face.........not really into tanning any more ,too busy.
Nice week all round,had the most wonderful breakfast in Loft at Marine on Tuesday...... Turkish Breakfast.We have
had many in our day but this would rank as the Best breakfast ever we had .
Unfortunately we decided AT THE LAST MINUTE to bring our son with us to Kusadasi,booked flight (€600)
3days in Hotel €165 ,connections etc...........grand, E- Visa showing " not completed ",Asked son was his passport
in order " Yeah, its got 3 weeks left on it ! " You know where this is going. Tried the Passport office and the Turkish Embassy
to see if they could give us some sort of clearence as his passport was valid,...............we packed cases and car and into town
7:00am Tuesday morning as Monday was a Bank holiday.we felt the Gods might shine on us...............NO CHANCE.
Amid tears etc we had to drop our son home at 12:00 and head out to the airport,he was ok about it but it took the wife
3 days to get over it,much flooding of spontaneous tears ,Im sure people thought I was being a boor or we were having
an argument,but strange as it may seem gay waiters always seemed to know and and produced the paper hankies and
understanding for my wife.We got home on Wednesday morning at 3:00 am and he was there to give his Mom a hug,
all well that ends well ,exit stage right. CHECK YOUR DOCUMENTATION BEFORE BOOKING .
Bloody shopping hassle back in full force again ,...............will they never learn.
Must check to see if there are cheap flights back in October ?????????????????????????
Wow, I thought my holiday was stressful lol.

Burnt the puss off meself again yesterday spinning round Wicklow in me hairdressers car with the
roof down.Scorchio over here in Dublin,great buzz all weekend with the prolonged sunny weather,
traffic chaos all along the South Coast.

peril

Connoisseur
Burnt the puss off meself again yesterday spinning round Wicklow in me hairdressers car with the
roof down.Scorchio over here in Dublin,great buzz all weekend with the prolonged sunny weather,
traffic chaos all along the South Coast.
Keep that weather at least until next Friday Cian - we're home Tuesday night / Wednesday morning, wedding on Thursday so we'd feel at home with the scorchio- especially after a real Dublin summers day here in Kusadasi - will It rain on you or not - can't make its mind up- I saw all the Turks out with their umbrellas - I had to laugh because it was so slight I wouldn't bother with as much as a scarf - you could dodge the drops. Nonetheless we waited til it stopped temporarily before legging it into the otogar for the Sunday papers. Not sure whether I'm looking forward to going home yet though - but I wouldn't be able to stick the heat over the next two months! Back again in September for seven weeks so got that to look forward to.

Last edited:
A lovely restful Sunday enjoying the cool breeze on our balcony...lots of balmy summer nights to look forward to and zooming off in our car to find peaceful spots to spend days at the sea....nice day in town tomorrow and a wander along what was Art Street for tea and cake in one of the lovely Turkish cafes there...love that area...we drove along the seafront at 1am Saturday...never saw it so packed and not a parking spot to be had...people even had tables in the road nxt to their vehicles having fun, eating and drinking...Centrum and its seafront is fab...