Insuyu Caves

Interesting cave network near Ağlasun and Burdur.
Whilst the accessible part is over half a kilometre long and, I’m told, was the first cave system officially opened to the public, the actual cave system is suppose to go on for nearly 10 Kms.
Although I was told ( and there were signs inside ) that the cave contained lakes it was pretty dry when I was there last week. Locally it’s claimed the drilling of water wells in the area is causing it to dry out.
A few of the caverns were huge and the walk way inside makes walking in the cave pleasant.
It feels as if it’s fully air conditioned because it was a lot cooler inside than out.
Pretty enough place if you were in the area but not really worth a big divergence.
Only 5 Tl entrance fee.

Attachments

I drove there. I planned to revisit Aphrodisia, then Lake Salda before staying over night at Sagalassos Lodge & Spa ( an excellent hotel & great value ).
The next morning I drove the short distance up to the ancient city of Sagalassos and on my way back to Kusadasi I called into the caves ( 20 Kms from Sagalassos site signposted on the road to Burdur ).
Lake Salda is roughly 110 Kms from Aphrodisia and the caves another 70 Kms.

Attachments