Electricity disconnection

Folks, Every year when we return we find AYDEM has pulled the power wire in our outside meter box. I had it locked before but it was forced open. Our bills are only ever small money. We always pay up asap. Its a real pain when we get in on a Sat night late in the dark. I'm always out with the phone light & tools connecting it all back in. Any idea how I can get them to stop this practice?

B

Maybe you should take a Turkish pal with you and go in and ask them why they do this or ... am I missing something? Very annoying though ... are you sure it's Aydem doing it?

Yes its aydem they have changed. We always pay our bill as we leave, but now if they come out when you leave and only standing charge even 1tl they will cut you off. Our friend has been cut off twice. So even though we paid bill, fully expecting to be disconnected when we come back at xmas. Also we used to take our numbers to aydem office with abone number and they always did bill. Now you have to go to old aydem office show your nu bers there then walk back up to pay bill. We used to find paying bills easy. Now a nightmare water and elec

Folks, Every year when we return we find AYDEM has pulled the power wire in our outside meter box. I had it locked before but it was forced open. Our bills are only ever small money. We always pay up asap. Its a real pain when we get in on a Sat night late in the dark. I'm always out with the phone light & tools connecting it all back in. Any idea how I can get them to stop this practice?

B
You can.t stop them.. if your out of the country for more than 2 unpaid bills no matter how small..they will disconnect you..its a recent rule with Aydem..only safe way is standing order..and that did.nt help me not getting disconnected..

soh

Connoisseur
contact "Kusadasi foreign citizens advice centre". they pay all our bills water/electric, council tax,sitise payment, even keep our sim cards topped up. also good for all sorts of general advice

contact "Kusadasi foreign citizens advice centre". they pay all our bills water/electric, council tax,sitise payment, even keep our sim cards topped up. also good for all sorts of general advice
Whats the charge for that service Soh..

soh

Connoisseur
its run as a charity so bill payment/advice is done fee free, personally, i make a donation at the start of each year for the regular stuff. the same as I used to pay another "homecare" company who didn't (care for my home):ROFLMAO:. found them to be reliable honest and friendly it is mostly staffed by English and Irish volunteers and run by a Turkish guy called Karim whos English is impeccable.

I know about this service but just annoying when it is only maybe 1tl owing. We may ask them next year. But do you just leave money with them when you come over or leave enough for the year.

its run as a charity so bill payment/advice is done fee free, personally, i make a donation at the start of each year for the regular stuff. the same as I used to pay another "homecare" company who didn't (care for my home):ROFLMAO:. found them to be reliable honest and friendly it is mostly staffed by English and Irish volunteers and run by a Turkish guy called Karim ...

cheers for that might pay my SGK with them..as we are in Cyprus a lot ..and a freind does it for us..but i don,t like puting them out..ps Karim Abdul is not Turkish, he ,s English. real.name is Kevin Flood ..know him as long as i have been here..

Last edited:

soh

Connoisseur
I know about this service but just annoying when it is only maybe 1tl owing. We may ask them next year. But do you just leave money with them when you come over or leave enough for the year.
we top up when over with enough to cover bills plus a bit for the odd problem. a young lass called Shelly deals with the bills, she is pretty good at knowing what you need to cover your absence. if you need to top up whilst away you can via Paypal.

Can we pay Aydem by VISA from abroad?
I should think so, as long as you know your customer number -( sozlesme hesap no.) which is the number at the top of the printed bill. Our bills are paid directly from our bank account, but I often check online to see what is owing, and what has been paid. Web link is www.aydem.com there is an English option in top right corner. The option then is quick debt enquiry. You will then need to input your customer umber, which is 12 digits ( mine is anyway), and then input the security code which comes up on the screen. As I do not pay electricity online, I don't know if you then have the option for payment there or are redirected to another page. Anyway, any instructions will hopefully be in English.

However, currently I do pay our water bill online from UK , using an English credit card. The Aski website is all in Turkish, but very straight forward. I always have google translate open at the same time so I can check any thing I don't really understand. After payment, it allows you to print off a receipt as well. On line payment is useful now that there is a standing charge as well as the usage, as both elements incur a 1ytl penalty per month for non payment. Often the standing charge is more than the actual usage, but if there is no usage, or no bill issued, then it seems that there is then no standing charge. I will eventually get round to getting this paid from the bank account as well.

I have a second property in Kus with my sister, and we have just had our first bill in 12 months, but it only shows one standing charge. Perhaps the standing charge is only triggered when the meter is actually read and when there has been usage. Annoyingly, the online info only shows the amount owing, and does not record the meter reading to which it relates, only the month the meter was read and the payment due date.
Although strangely, in both Feb and March this year, a charge of 0.75ytl for each month was made, despite no one there, and no usage, and not corresponding to even the use of 1 unit (which is about 4.65ytl per unit). Fortunately there was no standing charge , but because I had , or so I thought, paid everything for 2017,and the house had been unoccupied for 6 months, I had not checked on our account, and so incurred penalty charges. It was annoying that a total bill of 1.48ytl, incurred penalties of 2ytl. Given the amounts involved , I just paid the bill, and did not query it, it was not worth the time or money involved, but I do still wonder just how the usage charges had been calculated.

I am now checking online every month, as often any printed out bill reading often is just left on an outside window sill and so goes astray, (even though we have a letter box).

There are usually some small charges on a water bill for the share of the costs for "Bertaraf" (disposal), "Atık Su" (waste water) and "Katı Atık" (solid waste cost) which might explain your strange monthly charges, "despite no one there, and no usage"? Those small fees are usually split by all residents in a site.