Sleeping medication

peril

Connoisseur
Does anyone know if you can get over the counter sleeping medication in the pharmacies in Kusadasi and if you can what are they called?

peril

Connoisseur
Thanks Kas- I’ve being taking valerian but it’s not working - I heard you could get something like melonatin over the counter but I didn’t know if it was possible. I don’t want to take prescription medicine unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Hi. I buy Unisom in the pharmacy to help with sleeping. No prescription needed and costs pence. Mild but strongest you can get without prescription. Works for both myself and my wife. Only use them very occasionally. Booked to go back to beautiful Kus in 8 weeks time. Wife spending 12 weeks there but I have to do with 3weeks. Counting the days

karinbea

Connoisseur
Unfortunately Unisom is no longer prescription free in Turkey, I used to take it, but cannot get it any longer. Nowadays there is only herbal sleeping / relaxing medication over the counter.

karinbea

Connoisseur
Just found out that Melatonin is freely available in Turkey, but it's more than twice the price as in Europe / UK!
It costs about 300 TL for 120 tablets of Melatonin (3 mg), that's at the moment a whopping 41£ compared to 9.95 £ in the UK! :rolleyes:
Well, I'll keep counting sheep...bééééé

Last edited: