Corona arrived in Turkey

peril

Connoisseur
Frightening times- with no guarantee that if you obey all the rules, wear a mask observe social distance and have good hand hygiene that you will be safe- it needs everyone to obey all the rules all of the time for there to be any chance of dealing with this virus.

The President announced new measures against the spread of covid-19 to take effect from the evening of Nov. 20. for all provinces in Turkey:

*The curfews will be effective on weekends, but movement will be allowed between 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. so as not to disrupt supply and production chains. Moreover, a partial curfew that was already in effect for people over the age of 65 has also been expanded to include those under 20, with the exception of those who have to go out for work. They can step outside their homes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. throughout the week.
*Malls, markets, restaurants, cafes and hairdressers will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. throughout the week but restaurants and cafes will only be open for takeaway and delivery services only.
*Education will continue online until the end of the year while all sports events will continue to be played without spectators.
Follow the rules, stay safe and healthy (y)

From the Aydın Valiliği (governorship):

In the whole of our province; citizens aged 65 and over will be able to go out between 10:00 and 13:00 during the day, and citizens under the age of 20 (born on and after 01.01.2001) will be able to go out on the streets between 13:00 and 16:00 during the day. Except for employees who submit a document showing their employment / SGK record, etc.
Those rules apply to Kuşadası as well, I guess. Stay safe and healthy during those difficult days!

kay

Kusadasi Kiwi
Stay safe. It's not going to be easy to keep the lid on this virus until such time as a reliable vaccine is available and cheap enough to cover the majority of the worlds population. I'm old enough to remember the polio epidemic and was married to someone whose family were badly affected by it. Now we are seeing some of the early cases here having major 'long covid' affects similar to in many ways to MS - a huge drain on both physical , financial and health resources once this first stage is over.
Our policies worked (and hopefully will continue to do so) with a really harsh 6 - 7 (depending on your age group) lockdown to break the cycles, and quarantine on arrival now, contact tracing and other things but as seen in Melbourne it only takes one case for it to be up and away again ... and as you say Umit... it doesn't go to bed early.

Shops and supermarkets are totally crowded with elderly people between 10 am and 1 pm,
it's like a rush-hour and after that timeframe the shops and markets are completely deserted...not a soul in sight!
Sorry but I do not comprehend those government measurements at all :unsure::censored:

“Finally, Turkey started to declare the correct stats, 28.351 new cases a day! Making Turkey 5th in the list.”

Oh my goodness I knew it wasn’t the correct figures but this is really shocking!
Hopefully the vaccine that has been developed and will(?) be ready for roll out in January will see the end of this horrible pandemic!!
Stay safe and take care all.

iamtravelr

Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
“Finally, Turkey started to declare the correct stats, 28.351 new cases a day! Making Turkey 5th in the list.”

Oh my goodness I knew it wasn’t the correct figures but this is really shocking!
Hopefully the vaccine that has been developed and will(?) be ready for roll out in January will see the end of this horrible pandemic!!
Stay safe and take care all.
there are some speculations that Turkey decided to publish the correct stats because WHO says the most affected countries should get the vaccines first. Dont know..