Turkey this summer

UK is preparing to announce, within the next two weeks, that holidays to Turkey will be allowed with no need to self quarantine on return.
The Times .. Tuesday 23 June.

peril

Connoisseur
Ireland is supposed to be looking at something similar from July. Hopefully it works out with no adverse effects for either Ireland or Turkey.

There has been no official news on a Turkish air bridge put in place from the government yet. Although many papers are reporting that it is coming. I know that both governments of Turkey and U.K. have been discussing the possibility of a bridge being put in place, so keep you fingers crossed this will be made official in the coming week. The Turkish government has put a insurance in place (available at the airport) for around €20 to cover guests from foreign countries who may contact coronavirus whilst on holiday, to cover medical bills.

At the moment tourism is down by 99% and they are actively doing as much as possible to get tourism back on track. Unfortunately it is going to be a struggle for them and will have a massive impact on their economy. Kusadasi has recently had a massive makeover and needs tourism to cover the costs.

It will be good to see restrictions lifted and if people decide to go they really do need to take care both sides of the journey. Act as safely as they possibly can in the circumstances. This pandemic has not gone away and indeed in some countries it is speeding up.

[QUOTE="KASTAMONU, post: 355451,
UK still seem to have huge problems.[/QUOTE]

yes isn’t that the truth! The UK. has been shown today as having the world’s worst coronavirus record in the world!!!
Tonight Leicester has been put back into lockdown for a further two weeks. The dithering idiots who are running this country can and will not make firm decisions! The advice given from the lockdown was implemented has been ambiguous, leaving people confused on what to do, no wonder beaches last weekend were packed. Fines are few and far between, it’s time Boris and his motley crew grew a pair!

Hi Folks,
Booked Ryanair in to Bodrum 1st Aug @ 99 euro return (for august wow!). Picking up a car to drive to Kush. Whats the current situation on the ground or forecast for August. Curfew piece was very interesting. Many Tnx - B

soh

Connoisseur
should be out on 20th August, what is the current situation with us old age perishers ? do I have to be tucked-up with my cocoa by 8 pm still? I know masks are necessary/compulsory out and about unless sat at a table but are they required on the beach as well? do I need one when cycling? seen so many contradictory statements.

Yes on beaches/cycling tho' many do not adhere ... tourists (in this area anyway) over 65 can stay out after 8pm but not us citizens/residents ... grrrr ... but again, some do not adhere ... everything open l8 now incl. Clubs, bars so that rule might change ... we ALL have to wait and see ... also we await guidance on whether there will be a nationwide curfew for Kurban Bayram from 31 Jul to 3 Aug ... possibly not in Aydın/Muğla area???

soh

Connoisseur
Yes on beaches/cycling tho' many do not adhere ... tourists (in this area anyway) over 65 can stay out after 8pm but not us citizens/residents ... grrrr ... but again, some do not adhere ... everything open l8 now incl. Clubs, bars so that rule might change ... we ALL have to wait and see ... also we await guidance on whether there will be a nationwide curfew for Kurban Bayram from 31 Jul to 3 Aug ... possibly not in Aydın/Muğla area???
thanks for the answer. good for us, although we are more before sun-up rather than after sun-down types. i cannot see why locals, ie my immediate neighbours, should be confined before 10am or after 8pm if i am not, seems daft to me. don't fancy a mask when sunbathing so will stick to my little garden/patio/balcony.