looking for info/advice moving to turkey

Hey all, just joined and looking for some information and advice if any of you have some spare time, would be greatly appreciated :)

I've been offered to go and live in guzelchamly(sp) which im told is 25 mins away from kusadasi, apply for a work permit and help my mum run a small business..

now, i've been to turkey 2 years ago, I went to fetye and hated it tbh, at the time it was very under developed, and slightly intimidating (we went slightly out of season, and were the only english tourists around) teenagers walking gravel streets with 14" macheties and stuff, lol, was deffinatly an experience to say the least.

anyway, she insists that guz and kusadasi are comepltely different, much more metropolitan, but i still have reservations, ie; im 23 yr old male, with prominant tattos (boy did i get some funny looks) and stuff, dont know how the locals will take to it, and to me for that matter.

any info on the people, and attitudes towards the british and advice would be greatly appreciated before i commit to anything.

HEY YOUKAY WELCOME!

FIRST OF ALL I MUST SAY YOU'VE RECIEVED A CHANGE MANY PEOPLE HERE WOULD KILL FOR.

APPLYING FOR A WORKING PERMIT CAN BE A DRAG, BUT THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE THE PROBLEM IN YOUR SITUATION.

I'M NOT TOO SURE ABOUT GÜZELÇAMLI, BUT I CAN TELL YOU FOR A FACT THAT YOU HAVING PROMINENT TATOOS WON'T BE A PROBLEM IN A PLACE LIKE KUSADASI. IT'S VERY DIFFERENT TO FETHIYE.

THE REGION OF KUSADASI ATTRACT A LOT YOUNGER CROWD. PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING TO MAKE FUN. FETHIYE USUALLY ATTRACTS A MORE CHILL-SEEKING CROWD.

TURKEY'S ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE BRITISH IS GOOD. THE BRITS ARE ONE OF THEIR MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME ;) HAHA. BUT SERIOUSLY, EVER SINCE PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF TURKEY HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO BUY PROPERTY IN TURKEY A LOT OF BRITISH AND OTHERS HAVE BOUGHT A PLACE IN TURKEY. I KNOW A FEW COUPLES WHO DECIDED TO STAY THERE FOR GOOD. THEY FEEL VERY AT HOME AND APPRECIATED BY THE LOCAL PEOPLE.

IT IS YOUR CHIOCE TO MAKE AND THERE'S NO WAY I CAN CONVINCE YOU, BUT I'D SAY GO AND HAVE A LOOK FOR YOURSELF.

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS, I'M SURE YOU'LL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Youkay said:
anyway, she insists that guz and kusadasi are comepltely different, much more metropolitan, but i still have reservations, ie; im 23 yr old male, with prominant tattos (boy did i get some funny looks) and stuff, dont know how the locals will take to it, and to me for that matter.

any info on the people, and attitudes towards the british and advice would be greatly appreciated before i commit to anything.
YEAH WHAT BILGE SAID...

IM ENGLISH ~ AND THE LOCAL TURKISH PEOPLE REALLY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER AND MORE WELCOMING TOWARDS US. TATTOO'S OR NO TATTOO'S REALLY DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE, THEY ARE LOVELY PEOPLE AND I'M SURE YOU'D SETTLE IN REALLY WELL.

YOU SHOULD GO FOR IT! YOU DON'T GET THESE OPPORTUNITIES HANDED TO YOU EVERYDAY. IF I COULD - I WOULD MOVE TO TURKEY IN AN INSTANT.

I HOPE YOU MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE, FOR YOU..

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Hi YouKay

You'll definitely not stick out like a sore thumb here in Kusadasi; lots of people have more than 1 tattoo (including me). You'll see tattoo bearing locals too! :lol:
My mum has a house in Guzecamli; gorgeous place. You love it here during the summer months but might find things a little boring during the winter, but we all live through it :oops:

HI

HI YOUKAY STOP DITHERING AND DO IT
YOU WONT REGRET IT KUSADASI TO ME IS MY SECOND HOME AND I AM HOPING TO MAKE IT EVENTUALLY MY FIRST. KUSY CAN BE BOTH INSANE AND REALLY QUIET SO YOU HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS GOOD LUCK AND JUST DO IT

SUE FROM DUBLIN

thanks for the replies..

i hear kusadasi is only 25 mins from guz so no worries there :)

still havent decided what to do, but i'll keep you informed :D