Wedding Announcement

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Shannon said:
I would think in Ireland mostly because i cant practica law in Turkey, they're wouldnt be a good variety of jobs for me there i think. But we will spend a lot of time in Turkey...Kusadasi every summer i think, plus the Courts in Ireland are on Vacation in summer so that is veerrrryyyyy good news lol. Oh i would love to be able to spend all my summers in Kusadasi, we will see what happens. I would like to maybe start a business there, because if we own a business, we are free to move around, not stuck in one place all the time. I hope it works out like that :cool:
Aww, sounds like you have it all mapped out. I really hope it goes well for you guys. Hell, if it can work for you and your Turkish boyfriend...AHH Sorry fiance (sounds cool doesn't it :D ) then it means there's hope for us all!!!

:)

Future

I know, its crazy, when i first went to Turkey, the last thing on my mind was finding a guy, its crazy but i did, i found the best one (well for me lol) and thanks so much Mella, lol if i went into the other guestbooks and announced this they'd probably skin me alive ha ha :)

Shannon, you seem like a really "together" kinda girl, I'm sure you'll make it all work!

It's good to see some succesfull lovestories come out of Barsteet as well! Well done girl!

Cheers

:) :) Cheers hon, thats sweet, but you're right it is good to hear and definately refreshing!! Thanks for the support, you have all been very kind X X X X :cool:

Don't mention it babe...

And for all you other ladies out there, keep the faith. Love will come around someday.

The life of a wish

A wish is a dream
A vision of hope
A chance to escape
And help others to cope.

The life of a wish
Begins in the heart
A single indulgence
A new vision to chart

For some a wish
Is to be somewhere they're not
On a plane, boat or a train
To escape from their lot.

For some a wish
Is to meet someone new
Someone with talent and fame
To them your attention is glued.

These wishes become memories
Forever kept in our heart
In albums and on videos
If we ever should part.

There is one wish
That doesn't end there
It is the life of a wish
Of a girl with red hair.

Her name was Hope
And her wish so pure
To keep making wishes
For others with a future unsure.

So please remember this…
There will always be Hope
In the life of a wish

congrats on the engagement girl!!!!! Hope u both live long and happy lifes together!!! Just imagine, getting married in the sun! How perfect!! Best wishes to u both!!!

Excited

Thanks guys, really ye are making me so goddamn excited bigtime lol, i was nearly this excited about the day before ha ha. We picked this really lovely 5 star hotel in Foca, Izmir, its beautiful and we are going to have the wedding there. Thing is though im gonna find it hard to get a nice wedding dress, i wanted one with no shoulders but his family obviously are Muslim. Dont get me wrong they are the sweetest people in the world and i love them to bits but they are reasonably strict muslim which means i will have to find a dress that "covers up" basically. Its gonna be hard to find a nice dress like that i think, but i wouldnt like to do anything to offend them. Anyone have any ideas??? :confused:

**claire**

Super Moderator
Shannon,

you can buy strapless dresses with little jackets ... not as bad as it sounds, my friend had one for her dress, it was made out of satin with small diamante beads on it was really beautifull, ill see if i can find a pic for you & mail it to you.
(when i say jacket, it really wasnt .... it ended just below where the dress started, so basically just covered her shoulders & the tops of her arms)

are you getting your dress here or in turkey??
they are ALOT chearper in turkey!!! .... if you find a picture of dress you like, & take it with you, they can make the exact dress for 1/2 what you would pay here! - & they can do it in a couple of days!)

Wow

**claire** said:
Shannon,

you can buy strapless dresses with little jackets ... not as bad as it sounds, my friend had one for her dress, it was made out of satin with small diamante beads on it was really beautifull, ill see if i can find a pic for you & mail it to you.
(when i say jacket, it really wasnt .... it ended just below where the dress started, so basically just covered her shoulders & the tops of her arms)

are you getting your dress here or in turkey??
they are ALOT chearper in turkey!!! .... if you find a picture of dress you like, & take it with you, they can make the exact dress for 1/2 what you would pay here! - & they can do it in a couple of days!)
Wow, thats great info hon thanks, so if i found a pic of a great dress they could make it for me when i go over? Thats excellent and yeah id love to see a pic of your friends dress if you have one. The little jacket idea is a good one, i was kinda thinkin about that, i know what you mean. And when they make the dresses over there, are they really nice, like good quality?

Cheers hon X X X :)

**claire**

Super Moderator
yes there really good quality ... i know someone who went into a shop in Izmir, looked at all the dresses, she like the bodice of one dress & the skirt of another, she picked the material she liked & 2 days later she had her dress!

if your worried about the material (not finding what you like) you could always buy the material here & take it with you (i know someone who did this as well) from what i have heard tho, if you get your dress made out there, they do a really good job, & you can get exactly what you want.

**claire** said:
yes there really good quality ... i know someone who went into a shop in Izmir, looked at all the dresses, she like the bodice of one dress & the skirt of another, she picked the material she liked & 2 days later she had her dress!

if your worried about the material (not finding what you like) you could always buy the material here & take it with you (i know someone who did this as well) from what i have heard tho, if you get your dress made out there, they do a really good job, & you can get exactly what you want.
Cheers Claire, i was gonna get the dress here but i think you're right, it would be a better idea to get it out there. Why pay double the price anyway when you can get exactly the same thing. I think i might bring a picture of what im looking for with me like you said.
Thanks so much babes for your help X X :)