Friday market

**claire**

Super Moderator
#1
Can anybody tell us more about the Friday market?
what is on sale, what time the markets opens & closes?
Where it is located?
I visited the market last year & loved it! i believe it has moved location this year?
Everybody visiting Kusadasi should visit the market! nice to see the tourists & the locals shopping in the same area. :D
 
#2
Clothes, fruit, vegetables any necessary unnecessary staff to find in Friday market. It is open 12 months, every friday. Larger in summer.
Come and see.

Location is still same!
In the center of the city, starts where the public buses(dolmus!)are parked.
B.

:shock:
 
#3
markets

hello everyone this is julie well the markets ae really good we have bought a lot of (real) fake top of the range clothes for the whole family and sometimes we have bought fruit and the leather bags we are still using since we first went to turkey some years back now :wave: 8) :D
 
#5
Has anyone ever stayed in the Melissa Apartments? I stayed there this year when I went to Turkey and they were fab!! All the staff there were sooo kind and friendly and a great laugh!! I really recommend them for anyone going to Kusadasi!
 
#6
Claire02 said:
Has anyone ever stayed in the Melissa Apartments? I stayed there this year when I went to Turkey and they were fab!! All the staff there were sooo kind and friendly and a great laugh!! I really recommend them for anyone going to Kusadasi!

Yeah, I stayed there on my very first trip to Kus nine years ago!
 

Podge

<strong style="color:#009900">Setanta</strong>
#7
the friday market (clothes mostly) has changed to a wednesday and is beside one of the supermarkets! if you go from the had monument up hill you should find it! it closes at about 7 at night! think it changed a few months ago to a wednesday! not sure about location! but the market on a friday now is mostly food!

claire if you ask merv he can tell you where it is! its on the way to his place from the monument! ie the hotel i stayed in seaview suites!

its really good, wish i had of gone there my first week! if you are going give yourself about 4 hours to get around it and have a proper look!
 
#8
Podge said:
the friday market (clothes mostly) has changed to a wednesday and is beside one of the supermarkets! if you go from the had monument up hill you should find it! it closes at about 7 at night! think it changed a few months ago to a wednesday! not sure about location! but the market on a friday now is mostly food!

claire if you ask merv he can tell you where it is! its on the way to his place from the monument! ie the hotel i stayed in seaview suites!

its really good, wish i had of gone there my first week! if you are going give yourself about 4 hours to get around it and have a proper look!

Podge is right, the friday market has changed to wednesday with the clothes etc, and there is still a friday market in a different location but it is just the food stuffs, fruit,veg etc
 

Podge

<strong style="color:#009900">Setanta</strong>
#12
to be honest when i joined i thought i might have 100 posts after six months or so! just goes to show how good and addictive this forum is!
 

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
#13
Podge said:
to be honest when i joined i thought i might have 100 posts after six months or so!
Lol, That's what I thought when I made my first ever post about Aqua Fantasy hotel...Next thing I know I'm nearly at 5,000 :D (and that's with Umit deleting a shit load of my posts back in the old days..lol.)

This forum is too good and we should be offered free counseling sessions to help us get over our addictions....

Congrats Paddy! :)
 
#14
I know where the friday market is if i was going to walk to it but i cant describe it cos its not in the centre of centrum, its a good 15-20 minute walk away, il get Sami to give the directions ha ha :D
 
#15
Friday market is quite close to the central dolmus station. If you stand with your back to the Dolmus Station you will see a dual carriageway directly opposite. Just follow this road up the hill and you can't miss it. Its actually on that road at the top of the hill past Santana Sports Bar and Albertos restaurant.Hope this helps.
 
#16
as a foot note others have recomended selcuk market to my shame i dont know where in selcuk it is held anyone help? also is soke market still as good and on same day tesekurederim
 
#19
hi everyone

can anyone please tell me the name of the wednesday market in kusadasi also directions to get to it, im heading their in 3 weeks cant wait my first time in turkey, i heard it was a great place to buy fake designer wear ?

any info would be great