Soup ?

Hi!
I have just been reminiscing with my sister and we have just remembered about the soup! Bearing in mind we were last there in 1998 so it may have all changed , when we used to leave bar street at 4am if we didn't go to a club we all( including some of the guys from bar street) used to go for gorgeous tomato soup with croutons and cheese on the top! It was fantastic! Does this still happen? there used to be upto 30 people there besides us,it was very popular.
Only 148 days to go.........yipeeeeeeeeee

Tracy xxx

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
The Turkish people love soup, and they will eat it in the middle of the night. (In Alanya there is even a street which is called “soup-street” lol)

You may notice that these soup restaurants are open almost all night. The locals like to eat soup in the middle of the night on the way home from town.

The hotel i was staying at whilst in Kusadasi had 'Midnight Snacks' I thought it would be chips or something but no it was soup! Whenever we arrived back at the hotel drunk we always used to go to the restaurant and have a bowl of soup, it's not something you will find in England and i have never heard of people eating soup as a nighttime snack, but actually it's lovely, and makes a nice drunken meal :D

i always go for soup with people from paradise bar when bar street is closing and the tomato soup with the cheese on top is lovely i really enjoyed it, the bread to go with it is even better.

Tomato

Tomato Soup With Cheese And Ground Chilli Is My Favourite. This Is Really Good For You As We All Drink Cold Drinks On Our Hols Beer,water Etc This Can Give You A Sore Throat Hot Drinks Like Soup Can Stop This From Occuring The Nicest Thing To Eat With This Is Rocca(rocket With Lemon Juice)

Sue

Mmmm, i'd love soup now im starvin....and i need something to warm me up ( Dublin is baltic).

Creamy tomatoe; my favourite.

Jenny

Baltic Is The Word For It And As Well As That Its Damp As Well To Boot. Hey Jen Give Us A Ring If Ya Get A Chance In Work. Talk To Ya Soon

Sue

The Soup !
Well in Kusadasi I don't know but in our hotel in Alanya there was also the midnight-snack wich meant Soup. But as much as I love a bowl of soup I really don't need one in the middle of the night. But when you are all saying it will be good for mee after a night out, I will certainly try it this summer :p

xx

Eline

Hi Eline Its Well Worth Trying And Its Really Good For You Too Another One To Try Is The Chicken Soup Or Lentil Soup They Are Great For Keepin The Oul Throat Healthy Especially In The Hot Weather.

Sue

Soup

Ah Lentil Soup........ at bout 5 or 6 in the morning - hard to beat. We always went for soup after bar street but sometimes we wouldnt get and we thought we were really hard done by. You really get used of it. Class memories - the craic was 90 round the table!!!!! Oh and the bread.............. right thats it, Im going to be in dream land all afternoon now!!!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Eline said:
The Soup !
Well in Kusadasi I don't know but in our hotel in Alanya there was also the midnight-snack wich meant Soup. But as much as I love a bowl of soup I really don't need one in the middle of the night. But when you are all saying it will be good for mee after a night out, I will certainly try it this summer :p
xx
I had your famous Dutch soup the other day (Snert) The guy said it was the real deal because the spoon actually stood directly up in it, it was that thick.

Bleh, Neverrrrr, everrrr again.

Heinz tomato soup forever! \m/ :p

Soup

Homemade Turkish Lentil Soup With Garlic And The Bread Made From Heaven At 7 In The Morning As The Sun Comes Up And Everyone Else Is Going To Work And I Havent Gone To Bed Yet

Ahhhhhhh Roll On May I Can Taste The Bloody Thing And Feel The Hangover Which Is Actually Not A Problem And The Taste Of Someones Lips Still On Your Lips Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Feck This I'm Going Home Depressed
May Is Toooooooo Long To Wait

Sue

What

Whats In Them Soups Yas All Taking About What Are They Made Of In English Something Like Sheeps Balls Or Somethin Nasty Like That

Sue

Well girls you don't like "snert" but I love it !! Probably because I grew up with it.

It's mainly green pea's, with lot of greens and pork-meat cooked to 1 thick slush !! Haha also our famous smoked sausage is in it ! mmmmm But really Billy and Mella the best is home made!! If you want I will cook you some... :p

xx