any 1 been on a horse safari

hi everyone has any 1 been on a horse safari coz i would love to try it but i need to know what its like first, my mam has been on one before and she said it was good but have any you had bad experience on one

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
kirsty said:
hi everyone has any 1 been on a horse safari coz i would love to try it but i need to know what its like first, my mam has been on one before and she said it was good but have any you had bad experience on one
Hiya Kirsty,

I adore horses and a few years ago we went on an excellent horse riding safari on Andalusians in Spain. I would definately reccommend it to anyone that loves riding. I didn't have any bad experiences, But because i don't ride regularly... after the 'holiday' i was quite sore from all the riding and walked funny for a few days :eek: :p

hi carmella thanks for that, i know what you mean about being sore after riding coz my mam was also sore, i have only ever been horse riding once and loved it, i have been going to kusadasi for 5 years and wanted to go on a horse safari every time but have been scared but i think i will give it a go this year.

i went on a horse safari last year and it was brilliant. i hadnt bin on a horse 4 ages n was quite scared especialy wen my horse was slow n the others were far ahead i started whinging to get off ut after a while i began to enjoy myself n i got a lovely tan at the same time. the only bad point was all the flying things tha were around the horse did my head in n i had a problem walking the next day!lol!!

Horse Safari

Hey i went on the horse safari last year, it was a great laugh but the horses werent the most reliable of animals i have to say. My poor horse was as old as the hills in Turkey and he nearly fell about 40 times, i felt so guilty...and a wee bit scared :eek: . THE POOR HORSE WAS NEARLY DEAD!!!

I feel to sorry for the horses to go on a horse safari. They all look so old and skinny... but I would definetely recommand a jeep safari, very exciting and you see a completely different Turkey: beautiful nature, small villages...

Maro

them bluddy jeeps !!u do ur hair all nice to pose in the back of it lol!!then it ends up stuck up like a god knows what!!last time i was in one they was loadza buses going past n turkish lads were taking photos of us on their phones so of course one of us flashed!!lol!!!

i havent been on one but i've been informed by a friend there brill but this is a definate way to burn so make sure you got plenty of sun screen my friend nikki was red raw when she got back to the hotel!

Horse Safari

Hi Everyone, i've just come back from Kusadasi, and as a regular rider, i thought i'd try out the horse safari while i was there, but to my horror i discovered that the horses were almost severley malnutritioned and were worked to the bone literally! :( i was disgusted as i discovered that the horses didn't even have any stables to rest in, they were left to stand in the baking heat on the hard dusty floor, with a dirty water trough, you could even see the bones on all of the horses sticking out, they were that skinny! The tack on the horses was rough and cracked and hadn't been looked after at all, the metal had rusted, and stirrups were broken and had sharp metal parts sticking out, and the head collars (made out of old rope) were left on underneath the bridals for the whole day, i felt so sorry for the poor little creatures and they were so placid and silent (probably too tired and had barely any life left in them). One of the horses had a massive cut on the back of its leg which was still opened and exposed to flies etc. and shouldn't have been ridden at all! As the ride went on and we approched the beach, the horses were tied up to a prickly dried tree with sharp bits that would stick under the bridles and go into their eyes, (i went over to help and make them feel more comfortable by removing these twigs etc), they were also left with all of the tack on for a good few hours under the baking sun with nothing to drink! Poor things, one lady decided to take pictures of all of the horses to send off to the british embassy and to the tour operator of the holiday,to complain and show how disgusted she was, i seriously hope something will be done but i doubt it, because to the people that have these horses they are just stupid animals with no feelings and all they see in them is money, its just pure animal cruelty and evil! :mad: Sorry to go on with myself, but i just had to get this off my chest! i hope someone else can see where im coming from and understand what goes on over there with the Horse Safari. P.s. I really enjoyed Kusadasi!

Roxanne x

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Aw that's freakin' Terrible! I LOVE horses and horse riding, and I always try and go horse riding whenever I go on holiday. But for once, I didn't go in Turkey.
I know what you mean though...A few years ago I was in the South of France, and booked to go on this really cool horse riding trek..When we got to the Stables - The horses were like a bag of bones, all old and weak looking, living in terrible conditions. It almost looked like if anyone sat on them, their legs would give way like they do in cartoons. I complained to the owners about the poor horses but they literally just laughed. The horses looked so tired and run down that i just couldnt bring myself to ride them. You're right they don't care about cruelty to animals, it's just a way to make a quick buck in their eyes. It really ****s me off! I'm suprised it happened in Kus, my friend went on a horse safari there and said it was really good. Maybe it was a different one. xx

Oh and ps; welcome to the forums :)

Hi Carmella, im glad someone understands, thanks for welcoming me! I think there are a few around Kusadasi,so maybe i was unlucky and got to see the worst! i think something should be done with the British Embassy or something where they can have a look and sort things out, something like the R.S.P.C.A over here. It's just upsetting to think someone can treat them like that and they could be really suffering...Horses need a hell of a lot of care with worming etc, even for them to be fed and watered is not enough care....lol me going on with myself again! x :)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
roxanne said:
Hi Carmella, im glad someone understands, thanks for welcoming me! I think there are a few around Kusadasi,so maybe i was unlucky and got to see the worst! i think something should be done with the British Embassy or something where they can have a look and sort things out, something like the R.S.P.C.A over here. It's just upsetting to think someone can treat them like that and they could be really suffering...Horses need a hell of a lot of care with worming etc, even for them to be fed and watered is not enough care....lol me going on with myself again! x :)
Lol go on all u like..I know where you're coming from! Its a subject that really gets my goat. I'm not sure if they have a Turkish equivelent to the RSPCA over there..I would like to think so! Unfortunately, it's not just in Turkey it happens. I went riding in Sussex a awhile back and the place was a shambles! Loads of people complained..I hope something was done about it. Cruelty to animals is just as bad as cruelty to children. They are so innocent and depend on ppl to look after them and then humans just use them to earn themself a living, it's sick! yikes, im going off on one too now haha...

Anyway, apart from your bad horse riding excursion I hope you had an enjoyable holiday. :)

lol yeah it can happen anywhere! Anyway i had a lovely time in Kusadasi! I loved Adaland especially! Did you hear about the fight between Halikarnas and Welcome Inn ( an Irish Resaurant) on Ladies Beach? Well me my friend, her 5 yr old son and 8 yr old nephew were sat in Halikarnas and we'd just eaten, when two Irish girls and two Policemen approached one of the waiters, and one of the girls were crying and holding her hand to her neck where she had red marks, suddenly the girls were shouting 'That's him!' over again and the police took hold of him and took him up the strip, then all of the bar staff and waiters ran in groups like a swarm of bees with chairs and baseball bats, crashing over us and knocking the kids, they ran over to the police and girls and started to hit them and it got really violent with some blood spilt! We just picked the kids up and ran for it without paying the bill! but decided to go back and pay it when it had died down again. Apparantly they were arguing over which restaurant was best! and the turkish men are out to kill the two Irish girls if they see them again, so now they have to sell up! i was really frightened and couldnt believe what had happened in a family resort! lol :confused: