Quotes

List a few of your favourite quotes guys...i love quotes :p

But to see the Spring, really to see it, you must have lived through the winter first.
- Rumer Godden

The real value of ease cannot be appreciated without having known pain, nor of sweetness without having tasted bitterness, nor of good without having seen evil, nor even of life itself without having passed through death.
- Sadhu Sundar Singh

Sometimes our light goes out but it is blown again into flame by an encounter with another human being. Each of us owes the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light.
- Albert Schweitzer

Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.
- Dylan Thomas

Athough the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
- Helen Keller

'Twill all be well: no need of care; Though how it will, and when or where, We cannot see, and cant declare. In spite of dreams, in spite of thought,
'Tis not in vain and not for nought,
The wind it blows, the ship it goes,
Though where and whither no one knows.
- Arthur Hugh Clough

If the future seems overwhelming, remember that it comes one moment at a time.
- Beth Mende Conny

The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
- Mignon McLaughlin

Sayings

We In Ireland Have Many Saying And Most Of Them I Dont Think You Wud All Understand
I Cud Eat A Farmers Arse Thru A Hedge= I Am Starving
I Cud Eat A Scabby Childs Arm= I Am Starving
Brad Pitt= Shit
Tin Of Fruit= A Suit

Sue

I know this isnt profound or anything but here goes;

Never cry over spilt milk
it could've been whiskey!!

I think thats a cracker :D

Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.

Life is simple, its just not easy..

Hey

Hey Jen Ahem Alias A**** How The Hell Are Ya Was Sick All Week End And Still Sniffling Now But On The Mend At Last. Are Ya Going In Next Week End To John Cassidy And We Have To Definiteley Meet Up This Week End.

More Quotes

A Queen Mary= (a Fairy)a Gay Person
Casius Clay= A Gay
Jackanory=a Fibber
Sky Diver=fiver
Doubting Thomas= Ssomeone Who Doesnt Believe
Jimmy Widdle= Piddle

Ahem ahem, yes we are definately meetin up, good to hear you are on the mend.

No problem to me to be reading the calendar from work for quotes ha ha.

Clever Girl Never Thought Of That .
1.man Who Have Hands In Pockets Feel Happy All Day
2.he Who Gives When He Is Asked Has Waited Too Long.
3.feeling Gratitude And Not Expressing It Is Like Wrapping A Present And Not Giving It.

Sue

Shannon thanx for sharring. And oh my God here in Holland we have also a whole lot of them. I can tell them here but I will have to translate them to, and then the meaning maybe will be a bit different, but I will try:

1. Dutch : Het leven is een feest maar je moet zelf de slingers ophangen.
"Live is a party but you have to decorate it yourself "

2. Dutch : Geld hebben we niet maar wel een berg spullen
"We haven't got any money but loads of junk/stuff "

3. Dutch: Beter een snee in je neus dan een neus in je snee
"It's better to be drunk than having a carve in you pu..y "
Well this is a hard one but a "snee" has 2 meanings in Dutch, a "snee in je neus" is being druk. And your pu..y is also your "snee"

Last but not least I a friend of my used when he was very drunk. When he was going to bed he said: "when my bed is coming round 1more time, than I will jump in it"

Hope you al understand my qoutes, well at least I gave it a try :eek:

xx

Oh that is so funny Sue i think we have the same calendar i was reading that one about he who waits and was going to put it down. Freeky Freeky.

Here are some I found on the sachets of suger we use at work. Don't worry, some of them them don't make much sense to me either!!!

It's for it's own good that a cat purrs

Good men can often be found wearing worn britches ??

The day of the big wind is no time to be doing the thatching

He would put legs under a chicken (used for someone who is talkative)

The world can't make a racehorse out of a donkey

To the black crow it's offspring is bright

Beauty does not boil the pot

(I would love to know who comes up with these things!!!)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
  • Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you.

• Bride: A woman with a fine prospect of happiness behind her.

• I married beneath me--all women do

• Marriage has no guarantees. If that's what you're looking for, go live with a car battery.

• I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy.

• A husband is what is left of the lover after the nerve is extracted.

• Whenever I date a guy, I think, is the man that I want my children to spend their weekends with?

• Trust your husband, adore your husband, and get as much as you can in your own name.

• Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy, fat women.

• Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.

:cool:

Blah

Hey Jenny Thats Mad I Just Ran Into The Other Office Looked At The First Calander And Hey There It Was.
Scary Monkeys Or What

Sue

Ha ha there good Mells, did you get them from a book called "Women are from Venus, Men are from Hell"? Its class. :cool:

Heres a cute one for good luck cards

"So be sure when you step
Step with care and great tact
And remember that life's a great balancing act,
And you will succeed
Yes you will indeed,
98 and three quarters per cent guaranteed.
Kid you'll move mountains!"
- Dr Seuss

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Aw that's a great lil quote!!!!!

I adore quotes...

• It only takes a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone. But it takes a lifetime to forget someone

• From the outside looking in, they'll never understand, and from the inside looking out, we'll never be able to explain.

• The sturdiest tree is not found in the shelter of the forest, but high upon some rocky crag, where it's daily battle with the elements shapes it into a thing of beauty.

• It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has.

• Always remember: There are two sides to every broken window.

• Seek and you shall find, But believe and you shall become"

• evertime god closes a door he opens a window...that's just so you'll have something to jump out of

• Love is not blind -- it simply enables one to see things others fail to see.

• A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!

• The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, not say a word and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

• A lie gets half way around the world before the truth has a change to get it's pant's on.

• Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would life, for without them, life is meaningless.

• At the touch of love, everything becomes a poem.

• Love rather than hate,
    Smile rather than frown,
    Build rather than destroy,
    Perservere rather than quit,
    Praise rather than gossip,
    Heal rather than wound,
    Give rather than grasp,
    Act rather than Delay,
    Forgive rather than curse,
    Pray rather than despair.

• "I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet." -David Beckham hahaha

• "My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7." -David Beckham

• It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has.

Now that one is sooo sweet :)

• "I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet." -David Beckham hahaha

• "My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7." -David Beckham
[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha ha lol lol class...how can be be such a nim wit???!!! lol lol :D

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Shannon said:

Now that one is sooo sweet :)
I know, isn't it!! I'm so sad..whenever i read/hear a nice quote i jot it down in this scrapbook i have. It's now full of poems,sayings,stories,quotes ect. It's quite :eek: but sometimes it's cool to read over them all..

Thats mad...i do that too, i have a really old blue journal that ive been writing quotes in for years :eek:

Always look at people from within, not from without, a person should be judged on the quantity of their heart, not on the quantity of things they own. After all, he who dies with the most toys, still dies!!!

I like that one

Does

Does Anyone Know Any Really Good Quotes In Turkish Cos I Have A Book That Everything I Learn In Turkish I Write Down And Try To Learn Off By Heart

Ah Bless Me Little Cotton Socks

Sue

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
flynns08 said:
Does Anyone Know Any Really Good Quotes In Turkish Cos I Have A Book That Everything I Learn In Turkish I Write Down And Try To Learn Off By Heart
I don't know any quotes so to speak... But a few proverbs which are sometimes fun to read;

• Okuz altinda buzagi aranmaz.
    (Do not search for a calf under a bull.)
    When someone shows unnecessary amount of suspicion for an action.

• Havlayan kopek isirmaz.
    (The dog that barks does not bite.)
    When a person talks too much, it usually does not lead to action.

• Gozden irak, gonulden de irak olur
    (If one is far away, one also gets far away from the heart.)
    Expresses the feeling that by being far away, one risks losing the love and affection of a person.

• Sinek kucuktur, ama mide bulandirir
    (The fly is small, but it can upset your stomach.)
    Used when an event that seems insignificant to others, still bothers a person.

• Insan yedisinde ne ise yetmisinde de odur.
    (What a man is at seven is also what he is at seventy.)
    Used when expressing dissatisfaction in unchanged human behavior or the fact that one never learns from one's mistakes.

• Bir elin nesi var, iki elin sesi var.
    (It takes two hands to make a sound.)
    Similar to "it takes two to tango".

• Sutten agzi yanan, yogurdu ufleyerek yer.
    (The one who burns his mouth for drinking milk too hot, eats even yogurt carefully.)
    Used to make the point that life's bad experiences teach people to be cautious.

• Bicak yarasi gecer, dil yarasi gecmez.
    (A knife-wound heals, but a tongue wound festers.) Used to make a point that one should be careful before using hurtful language.

• Guzellik gecer, akil kalir.
    (Beauty passes, wisdom remains.)
    Used to make a point that wisdom matters more than physical beauty.

• Tatli soz yilani deliginden cikarir.
    (Kind words will get a snake out of its hole.)
    Used to express the effectiveness of kind words as opposed to confrontation.

• Umit fakirin ekmegidir.
    (Hope is the bread of the poor.)
    Used to point out that hope helps sustain the poor or needy

• Hamama giren terler.
    (The one who enters a Turkish bath sweats.)
    Used to point out that one's actions detemine the consequences and therefore one should not complain about them later.

• Kotu komsu insani kap kacak sahibi yapar.
    (Bad neighbour forces one to have his own pots and pans.)
    Used to remind that not depending on others, makes one self reliant.

• Kuzguna yavrusu sahin gorunur.
    (To the raven's eye, its chickens look like falcons.)
    Used to express the feeling that any baby looks beautiful to its mother.

Excellent

Ah Carmy Baby They Are Fab I Am Delighted With Them They Are Going Straight Into My Book

Your A Babe And I Wuv Ya
By The Way You Are Gone Very Quiet Is Everything Ok

Sue