Luggage

Tip :

As you al now I am going for 6 months to Kus this summer. I bet you can imagine I was afraid for a huge luggage problem :confused: Where will I put al my shoes??....real ladies problem !

But my travel agent told me when you are going for a longer time (few months) you can ask the airline company to allow you to bring more than the 20 kg allowed !

So that's what I am gonna do...I will keep you posted !! ;) I'll hope it's a good tip for some of you who are also flying out for a longer stay.

xx

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Eline said:
Tip :

As you al now I am going for 6 months to Kus this summer. I bet you can imagine I was afraid for a huge luggage problem :confused: Where will I put al my shoes??....real ladies problem !

But my travel agent told me when you are going for a longer time (few months) you can ask the airline company to allow you to bring more than the 20 kg allowed !

So that's what I am gonna do...I will keep you posted !! ;) I'll hope it's a good tip for some of you who are also flying out for a longer stay.

xx
oh thats cool.

I had a 15kg baggage allowence and ended up paying 140 quid for excess baggage. I tried flirting and giving puppy dog eyes to avoid having to pay but........the woman at the desk wasn't having any of it :p :huh:

**claire**

Super Moderator
Eline, I work in the travel business & i have never heard this, the airlines do not do it over in the UK (I dont know about Holland) My friend works for an airline & even she had to pay excess luggage when she travelled.(she was working in spain for 8 mths, for the airline)

the Normal luggage amount is 20kg (but check your tkts as all airlines vary)

Anything over the 20kg is classed as excess luggage & can cost a fortune (as Carmella found out) it is normally about £9 / E13 per Kilo.

[edited to say] ..if you do decide to take excess luggage make sure that your bag weighs less than 35kg. there is a new health & safety law that will not allow the baggage handlers to lift anything heavier than 35kg. you will be made to unpack your bag & take out items before your luggage can be checked in!!

Thanks Claire for that extra info ! The rule was told by me by a travel-accency worker. Iám gonna travel with Transavia.com and received an e-mail adress of costumersservice !! He told me the now and then make an exeption !! So it's worth trying.. I will keep you informed !

xx

Last time I flighted to Turkey there were 2 turkish people in front of me in check in ...God..They had 9 pieces luggage and believe me 1 luggae was 19 kg ...Well and they didnt chnarge them anything .. ( JETAIR )

I wasnt charged anything on my way to turkey for excess bagage and it was 24kg but they charged me 60 euro on the way back!

So beware!!!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Oh..for me They were laid back about excess baggage in Turkey and Spain, but in England they were tight bastards who gave no lee way. There was a queue of about 20 people having to pay and that was only from my check-in desk. They make the flights friggin' cheap - and they make up their profit with excess baggage costs.

shannon that was the same as me, i wasnt charged here,but on my way out of turkey i was charged for extra weight.

i got new suitcases for going this year and it was a set the only thig is the big one is not that big so i was going to take the both of them am worried as i dont no if they will let me take 2 suitcases.

I believe there's no longer a limit on your handluggage's weight but the size has to fit a certain measurement. They have this thing you can put your handluggage in, if it fits inthere, you're okay, even if it's over 5/6 kg, if it doesn't fit... well it's time to call Houston.

Oh but you need to keep it WITHIN REASON of course...

Just received an e-mail back from customer-services...

No way I can take more then 20 KG. :1pissed:
But the send my e-mail to another department...maybe the are good to me.....please please ..... :(

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Eline said:
Just received an e-mail back from customer-services...

No way I can take more then 20 KG.
Omigahhhhhh how can u go there for so long and only take 20 KG?!

Lets start a petition!!!!!

and our birthcontrollpils and other contraceptives.... :D

and nailpolish, and loads and loads of sexy shoes !!

Wanne see the look on his face !! ;)