for Admin !

British-Jo

Not Active Member
when i first meantion abt what was Kadikoy like , i read up and though it must be nice to learn abt the history ... Oh admin you closed the topic what i said .. dispoinnted now :( but thanks any way for the information .. I also like know if there is any deaf *Sagrim* clubs in kusadasi as it be very interestering to know what other deaf*sagrim* use sign lanuage like .. its also like british people talking english accents and turkish , dutch , germans etc ... i am very interested in that way .. like we like to learn your lanuage but as i say in the other topics that i cant hear but it might have been easy for me by writing down as i have been studying turkish for while ... I can talk well and i cant hear but this does not put me off any thing as im very clever and joanne takes after me but shes brilliant ... I wld like know abt deaf people in kusadasi . i also love to teach them too as i used to teach hearing people sign lanuage but most of the time i dont sign cos i talk normal .. when i was in kusadasi last year i teached a few turkish people sign lanuage and they were very interested and i believe it wld be easy for any one to learn to sign so when deaf ppl from any where come they can easy get communtioned by others .. this is the 21st cenutry and more people are learning more abt deafness etc ..
I wld love to be an english deaf teacher in kusadasi ... but dont ever know where to start .. Im very open- minded abt all this !!! ....
ps Admin i understand why you closed the topic !!! keep up your good work BOSS !!! ;)

--------------
ps .... some signs can be really funny .. and most time its like when you talk fast and deaf ppl not understand you .. this is the same way as a deaf person signs fast and an hearing person is confussed ... i believe it wld be easy for all to learn .. in this 21st century more deaf youngest are very lucky than i was because there was no computers , mobiles etc .. i had to sit in my room alone and if there was vistors i was stuck in the room with no one to talk to because hearing ppl were finding it hard to talk .. but im lucky cos i was bought up to use my voice than my hands and im proud of the way i have learned alot ..

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
British-Jo said:
and im proud of the way i have learned alot ..
and so you should be.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be deaf. But props to you for not letting it hold you back in any way. I suppose it also teaches you to be thankful for other things more. People take things, like being able to hear, or see, or walk ect. for granted. I suppose when you can't ....it puts other things into perspective. Keep up the positive attitude chick.

Wow, im impressed Jo...its inspiring, fair play its all about keeping positive isnt it! I was blind for a while when i was a child!
It was a weird experience :confused:

Hey jo, you really are an insperation to us all!!! I take so many things for granted, and reading about the way you deal with your deafness, really puts things into perspective!!! Your a truely fab chick, and im sure u will be a great help to lots of people on this forum!!!!

British-Jo

Not Active Member
I was born deaf and always hated being deaf as a child and i as i grew i learned alot abt how i was born deaf ! when my mum died in dec 2000 , i never had asked her why i was born deaf but she said i was born that way ( no illness thur her pregnancey with me) and i was her only little girl she ever wanted after having 3 boys then me then my youngest brother .. but my brothers can hear * lucky them* i have never been jealous and i have learned how to live with my deafness .... when my mum died i found more abt why i was deaf , my mums brother in Oz told me that their mother's mother' was deaf thur a genes...
so thats why i have got the history too
My children are all hearing and they good and easy for me to talk to them and people do mistake me as hearing at times cos i talk normal .:)

British-Jo

Not Active Member
maybe the family history of my mums family would past on to my future grandchildren or great grandchildren ... No one knows if that will but my children dont mind cos they know how lucky they have me and they know deafness is normal .

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Jo without sounding like a nag - If you want to add something more to your post - Just click the EDIT Button in the bottom right hand corner, instead of posting back to back. It's Admin's rules.