Thanks for replies to advice wanted.

Thanks to all for the replies. All advice is good advice as it confirms my own thoughts. One more quick question as I strive to reach a decision. Has anyone experience of the co-operative set up. Where you are registered for a share then you are assigned a plot then when the development is finished you get your specific deeds and the co-operative is wound up.
Just wondereing if there is anything I should be aware of.
Tony

also any names of a good solicitor to use in Kus

Hi Tony

It sounds by your other link you have made your choice on a property already but if you have not, take
my advice and steer clear of co-operative they can tie you up for years.

Better to go for your 5 bedroomed villa on Ladies beach, it sounds great.

Hi,
Iam in a co-operative, and why should they tie you up for years?

My villa is a detached freehold where i own the land and villa.Plus i received the deeds straight away with no waiting around.

If the cooperative is well run and you have done your homework then there should be no problems.

I like the idea of onsite security and maintenance, plus the community feel. Our site is also residential so is very nice.

Although some horror stories have been recorded about coops, but also many,many good ones.

Best Wishes
Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

I am glad you have had a good experience with a co-operative and I have heard from other people who also have, but I know of quite a few people who have lost all there money or where the builder has run out of money and gone on for years.

Hi johnsonpad
I'm afraid the one on ladies beach is in the co-operative. The site is almost finished so the co-op will hopefully be wound up in May. I had heard some issues with co-ops hence the question. Any details of the problems experienced with co-ops.

Ta
Tony

Hi Tony

Don't worry to much if the site is nearly finished, the co-operatives that cause problems are the ones you buy of plan or a long way from completion.

As Lorraine said if you get into a good one there are a lot of good benifits, just make sure you get your Tapu sorted out as soon as possible and just check what you are liable to for after payments.

I have heard from someone that had no problem with there villa, but other people had roof problems and you have to pay toward there repair, I don't know if this is the same for all co-operatives, does not hurt to check.

I am not trying to worry you I am sure yours will be fine.

Good luck with your place and look forward to meeting up with you for a drink or Two in the summer.

property in kusadasi

tony
I am a newcomer to this game of talking on the net but have a huge experience of Kusadasai and Turkey in general as I have been going for the last six years. I have contacts with reliable estate agents and have helped people buy property over there. It is something that should be done with great caution as I am sure you are aware as there are some horror stories going about. If you would like info or advice please send a reply to me and maybe we would exchange numbers or something and I will let you in on my contacts. Ladies beach is gorgeous as is Long Beach but depending on what you want you also have a lovely choice at the Marina. All the best with your idea - I am on my way to Kusadasi next week so let me know if I can be of help Talk soon

i
Tony Halpin said:
Thanks to all for the replies. All advice is good advice as it confirms my own thoughts. One more quick question as I strive to reach a decision. Has anyone experience of the co-operative set up. Where you are registered for a share then you are assigned a plot then when the development is finished you get your specific deeds and the co-operative is wound up.
Tony

Welcome to the site lolo, hope you'll have a good time here and im sure we'll all learn from u as you seem to have alot of experience!
Im jealous ur in kus next week!!!!!!! How long for?

hi lofty

Trying to get use to this site and how it works but I will get there. Thanks for the welcome. I am only going to Kusadasi for one week this time but hope to go for three weeks again later in the year. I try to go at least twice in the year and find I learn so much on each visit. Have you been and what did you think?
lolo

hey lolo,
Thass alright hun, once ya get used to the site its a doddle lol,
I have been four times, all within the last year! But as you've said, you learn more with every visit! Well i stayed for two months last summer and it was a whole lot of sleeping lol, (and a fair amount of hassle) but an amazing time, christmas and february kinda gave me more of an idea about what turkey was like minus all the tourists etc and it was really really nice. All in all its an amazing place and i cant wait to be back there!!!!! Hopefully you will get to spend as much time as possible there!!!!!

Im so jealous of all of u that are going out there soon! You get to go there at the nice warm but not too busy time of year!!! (is there any room in any suitcases?!!!)

co-operative

Tony Halpin said:
Tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks for bringing up the subject. I would perhaps need a solicitor just in case. When I visited Kus last week, I did my homework on how to acquire a freehold property. At the end of the day, I found a house to my taste but this is in a coop. I opted for this property, signed a sale protocol and gave my deposit. I have to return to Kus to finalize paperworks. The house is finished and water tight except that there are no water and electric meters. But this is the least of my problem. Almost all of the houses are sold and some alre occupied. I am quite apprehensive because I have no idea how things should proceed. The agent explained to me that it will be a notarial sale. There are a few points I want to know:
  1. must there be a translator?
  2. should I request a meeting with the coop?
  3. do I have to go to the tapu office to report the sale?
  4. will they require my tax id number, pictures, copy of my id card etc?
  5. At which stage should I give the balance of the full payment?
Any enlightenment is hearfully appreciated.
sincerely,
Cecile

Hi Cecile

I am no expert but I have brought a villa just recently in Kusadasi.

As far as I know a notarial sale mean you give your agent the power to buy on your behalf.

This will entail you going to the local notary office and signing the notary form in front of witnesses One being a translator.

You will need at least Two photo's your tax card and passport, I think this cost me about £140.

Your final balance is not due until the Tapu is ready, at that stage you will have to decide if you trust your agent enough to send the money to him or fly back out and go with him and pay yourself.

I chose to let my agent handle everything for me and it worked out fine (just a few sleepless nights waiting for the Tapu to arrive).

Only you can make that choice as you have do judge whether you can trust him.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a private message.

All the best.

Brian

Hi Brian,
Thank you for taking the time to enrich my knowledge. The villa that I opted to buy is part of a cooperative, but they said that this is the share of the original owner. The whole housing project is almost completed.
I understand that a notarial sale is a notarized sale agreement. We will hold a meeting at the public notary's office, attended by the seller, buyer, sales agent and the translator. At this point, I have to pay the balance as a full payment. They told me that the notarized sales agreement/contract is official and legally enforceable. Then the cooperative must be informed of the change of ownership to the particular property. Once the whole housing project is completed, the cooperative is signed off and each individual property gets a Tapu.
I am not sure if this is the case in practice.
I am going to Kusadasi end of June. I definitely will have my share of sleepless night.
The knowledge that the trust you invested on your agent paid off is quite comforting. I hope to have the same luck.
Congratulations to your new home.
wish you the best,
Cecile

Hi Cecile

Good luck to you mate, I hope all goes well.

My sleepless night were only for a week waiting for my tapu after paying my final deposit, sounds like yours might go on for months.

My site is still is not finished,there are still 4 more villas to be completed, plus the pool to be built.

My one was seven months old when I brought it of a Turkish lady, but she held the Tapu, so was all done in 6 weeks.

Is your place in town?, mine is just outside on the road to long beach.

All the best.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I keep my fingers cross. I hope all goes well and at the shortest time. I enjoyed my short visit in Kusadasi. I haven't seen much yet but all the agents who showed me around were very friendly. Even the guy working on the street of the complex was very friendly.
Your place sounds like mine. The complex is just outside the city, along the road past the junction to Davutlar. The street of the complex is still undergoing work and the pool is still to be built. I believe all houses are built but a few still needs completion. Could we be neighbors?
best regards,
Cecile

Hi Cecile

Bags are all packed and I will be on my way soon.

The site I am on is right opposite a big White Greecian looking building called Leatherian, as you say sounds like we might be on the same complex.

Will send you some photo's when I get back.

Good luck with your purchase.

Bye for now.

Brian.

I think I know where the Leatherian is. That is just past Onura Hotel from Kusadasi center. You are closer to the city. Mine is right after the junction Soke and Davutlar. Just after those towering buildings (unfinished) to your left direction Davutlar.
I am also going at the end of June for a couple of days. After this, the next trip will be late spring.
I bought a package trip for 2 days. It is easier this way because the tour operator has buses waiting at the airport to take us to the city. We could also choose a hotel so the bus driver drives to the city to drop us off at different location. Lucky you, you will probably be there for long. You will find so many internet cafes around there. Some hotels have internet booths. I know there is one in Grand Ozcelik. I think it is about 3euro per hour.
Have a great vacation and a pleasant flight.
Hope to hear from you.
until next time,
Cecile