Kaleici

**claire**

Super Moderator

Kaleici is the oldest part of Kusadasi (the old town), Kaleici menas 'inner harbour' in Turkish.
the old houses are now shops, restaurants and night clubs.

The shops In kaleici sell all kinds of products, gifts & souviners, t-shirts, leather goods etc etc

The bars & nightclubs in Kaleici usually get busy around midnight & stay open until around 5am

I absolutely love kaleici, its great to wander around all the little restaurants, bars and shops!! I swear each time i go i find another bar or restaurant there!! And i once got lost there for about half an hour!!

**claire**

Super Moderator
chocolatehoney said:
I absolutely love kaleici, its great to wander around all the little restaurants, bars and shops!! I swear each time i go i find another bar or restaurant there!! And i once got lost there for about half an hour!!
same here!! i went to a turkish bar there, i swear i would never find it again!! :confused:

i once went to a great restaurant there, i think maybe it was called hittit, the food was excellent. we went back the following year and either we couldnt find it or it had closed down!! :mad: Has anyone every heard of this restaurant?

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Thanks Claire for the info, that's great.

I am the same..I found this great Turkish restaurant. The staff were great, the food was yummy. They entertained us all lunchtime, doing funny walks and dances, singing me songs and talking to me like I was Princess Carmella of Carmellaville...But i have absoltely NO idea of where it was now, or what it was called.

Missing restaurant. Approx. 10 metres high.
Brown and bricky in colour and food to die for.
Have you seen it? :(

Hmmm... We have a part of town here in Belgrade called Kaleici. It's actually more like suburb. Nothing special about it, exepct it's name. One more in the line though, since we have a thousands of Turkish terms in our language. :)

KALEICI.. My grandparents used to live there.. It used to be so quiet without bars and shops.. Now all the old folks sold or rented their old homes and moved out of kaleici because it was simply too noisy for them..

About 15-20 years ago Kaleici was an important neighborhood for the locals of Kusadasi..