Grand Bazaar and Orient Bazaar

**claire**

Super Moderator
The Grand Bazaar and Orient Bazaar are the most important shopping areas in Kusadasi.

The Grand and Orient Bazaars are traditional Turkish markets, the bazaar is in a semi open area.

The Bazaars are famous for the variety of leather, gold, Turkish carpets / rugs and souvenirs.

When shopping in the Bazaars you should try to bargain for the products that you wish to buy!!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Yeah it's nice there!! I went there on my first day and I was flabbergasted at their hardsell. I thought it was great for all of 5 minutes.
Nice Lil shops, though. But if I see another Louis Vuitton bag i will possibly scream.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Yeh, Did no one else find the guys dragging you in shops really annoying?

I couldn't walk 1 meter without my arm being grabbed, Or a man stepping infront of me and dragging me in their shop. One day I lost my friends in the Market, and it took me no less than 4 hours to get out of there. I nearly cried ha ha

But it is definately a fun experience!! I learnt great ways to get the price down... men are suckers :p

I got back to England and was going into TopShop wanting to haggle for a top or a pair of jeans :eek:

Everyone go check this place out, it's like a day at an amusement park.

yeh i hate people who try to force you to buy there stuff its like iv seen that bloody bbag in about 10 shops already so do 1 hehe!! topshop rox n i always want to haggle wen i get back! xx

**claire**

Super Moderator
I remember my first few days in Kus, & i hated the market, it scared me, keep being pulled into the shops.

its just that were not used to it, after a few days i was back in there with my bargining hat on!!

loving every second of it!!! :)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
**claire** said:
I remember my first few days in Kus, & i hated the market, it scared me, keep being pulled into the shops.
its just that were not used to it, after a few days i was back in there with my bargining hat on!!
loving every second of it!!! :)

Lol yeah, You're right we're just not used to it. It was fun after I learnt how to haggle abit. And Had my bargaining low cut top and mini skirt on :p

I was getting so into it, I was even haggling for things that had set prices on them. Go me! :eek:

Yeas it's great there, love all the stuff the have !! but I really can't walk hours and hours there...I had the most fun in Alanya at the end of season...that's when you get goooood prices !! :p And to be all honest I am not that good at bargining.. Hate that...just wanne buy something, name your price and I will buy it ore I don't!! :mad:

Well maybe at the end of summer I will get the hang of it :(