Petition for Winter Flight to Turkish Resorts.

I have logged an online petition to try and persuade Turkish and British Airlines to fly to the Turkish resorts all year.

If you are willing to sign this online petition please visit the link below

http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=1644

Hopefully we will be able to convince airlines that there is a market for these flights. If you know anyone that would benefit from signing this petion please pass on the information for them to sign it.

Jo2beans

**claire**

Super Moderator
Hi Jo2beans,

Im liking your work!! ;) BUT ..... i think you will find its all a waste of time!

You can fly to the majority of resorts all year round with Turkish airlines / Cyprus Turkish airlines.

It is only the charter flights that stop out of season, and this is beacuse the season has ended.

The charter flights wont fly to an out of season resort as it is just to costly, and not enough people would be travelling. the resorts are closed, a lot of the hotels are closed etc

Hi I have just changed the link and checked it and it is now working.

I know that it is a long shot to try and get airlines to fly in the winter months, I always have to fly with Turkish airlines via Istanbul.

But I honestly believe that there is a call for these flights, people go on holiday to Cyprus, Malta and Spain, the weather is not much different in these places as it is in the Turkish resorts.

With reference to hotels being closed, well there are some that stay open, and the reason the others close is that no one is providing the flights, you are confined to the choices that they provide.

There have been many Europeans buying in Turkey over the past 5 years, so the demand is higher, and Turkey has been named as No 1 holiday destination for 2005, so why just confine it to the summer months.

I have signed up.. I think the more pressure we all put on the flight companies to put on flights all year round, the better it will be for everybody.

I checked this morning to see how many signatures we have. we now have 312 at the moment, and this fugure is growing by the hour.

I have emailed several Newspapers, The Ministry of Tourism to Turkey, The Govenor of Mugla, web sites that sell flights to Turkey, this is just the beginning.

But without the support of everyone signing the petition then it would be a waste of time, I will keep trying. Anyone with any suggestions as who else to contact please send them onto me, my email address is available on the petion page.

http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=1644

Well we are up to 460 signatures so far.

As Claire says, you can fly to Turkey in the winter with Turkish Airlines, via Istanbul, this is how I normally get there. Many of the resorts would benefit from having year round tourism, people go to Cyprus, Malta, Spain etc in the winter.

Manyof the resorts have the ameneties to cater for winter sun holidays, I know you are not guarantteed sunshine, but its a lot warmer than back in the UK, and now so many people own holiday homes, people DO want to travel to them in the winter months.

We hit 1000 names this afternoon.

I have also had a promise of a 5p pledge going to Comic Relief for every additional signature that goes on the list over the weekend, when this was promised we were on 1038 names.

So lets see how much we can raise for comic relief over the weekend.

Jo

Looks like direct flights will now be going into dalaman all year round.

Hopefully by next year this will also be the same for izmir and milas.

Merv!

BA direct flights to Izmir

Hi Folks

Guess something must be working cos this came through in my weekly eamail from British Airways -

From March 26 2006, you can try Turkey's third city, Izmir, from £149 return. The service will operate three times a week on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays. Year-round.

And yes you can book it now

Ali

**claire** said:
Hi Jo2beans,

Im liking your work!! ;) BUT ..... i think you will find its all a waste of time!

You can fly to the majority of resorts all year round with Turkish airlines / Cyprus Turkish airlines.

It is only the charter flights that stop out of season, and this is beacuse the season has ended.

The charter flights wont fly to an out of season resort as it is just to costly, and not enough people would be travelling. the resorts are closed, a lot of the hotels are closed etc
Hi Claire,

I cannot understand why cheap airlines such as easyjet or ryanair can fly all yearround to the most remote places in new EU countries but they cannot fly to Turkey . Does anyone have any idea why?

Sam

**claire**

Super Moderator
saeid samandi said:
Hi Claire,

I cannot understand why cheap airlines such as easyjet or ryanair can fly all yearround to the most remote places in new EU countries but they cannot fly to Turkey . Does anyone have any idea why?

Sam
Hep answered this the other day for you .....

The thing is EZY and Ryanair have been very conservative in this area.
They were very slow in opening up routes to the new E.U countries in the east. It was only when they could see Eastern European carriers doing so well, that they started to catch up. Now those routes are extremely popular.

But they generally keep their flight routes to 2 hrs! Shorter rotations means that they can utilise each aircraft many more times a day. This is important for low cost carriers who charge far less per seat - they need to cover their cost´s. An aircraft needs to make them lots of money, hence they have very short turnarounds compared to the likes of BA, Lufthansa and standard charter airlines.

The longest route for Ryanir is UK-Sicilly - which is about 3hrs.
EZY do UK- Athens which is about the same.

Uk-Turkey routes are roughly 4hr +, compared to Southern Spain which is 2+.

Another factor is there are far more expats living in places like France, Spain, Italy. Malta. Buying property in Turkey is a fairly novel concept for Northern Europeans compared to the before mentioned countries. All that is changing ofcourse and already there are year long services slowly being introduced by the likes of Maersk Air, Air Berlin etc.

Plus the IT charter airlines already have a whopping market share and the Turkish carriers have an advantage in the competition in that their cost´s are far less.

I´m not sure if there is an open skies agreement between Eu and Turkey leaving the airlines to fly between the two countries unregulated. This could be another factor.

However I´m hopeful it will happen in the future.

Since we are trying to sell property in Bodrum area....flights either from Engliand or Scotland to that area would be brilliant...but problem is that it's easier to get blood from a stone at this time of the year...anyone know the best way to get to Bodrum NOW!!!...lol

**claire**

Super Moderator
getting to bodrum this time of the year is a nightmare, as there are so few flights! (somedays only 1 a day from istanbul)

Izmir is a better option, as there are flights virtually every hour from istanbul, Izmir is 45mins from Kusadasi & about 2 hours from the Bodrum area.

Lol...try telling THAT to a client who does NOT like to wait! nor wishes to travel to another airport...and wants the plane to pick them right at their door...but wo will be the first to join the NIMBY(NOT IN MY BACK YARD) club when it comes to airport expansion