hey found this thought it was quite a nice story!!! makes you think!!

Appreciate what you have

One day . . . a wealthy family man took his son on a trip to the country, so he could have his son see how poor country people live.

They stayed one day and one night in the home of a very humble farmer. At the end of the trip, and when they were back home, the father asked his son, "What did you think of the trip?"

The son replied, "Very nice dad."

Then the father asked his son, "Did you notice how poor they were?"

The son replied, "Yes."

The father continued asking, "What did you learn?"

The son responded, "I learned that we have one dog in our house, and they have four.

Also, we have a fountain in our garden, but they have a stream that has no end.

And we have imported lamps in our garden . . . where they have the stars!

And our garden goes to the edge of our property. But they have the entire horizon as their back yard!"

At the end of the son's reply the father was speechless.

His son then said, "Thank you dad for showing me how poor we really are."

Isn't it true that all depends on the lens you use to see life?

One can ask himself what would happen if we give thanks for what we have instead of always asking for more. Learn to appreciate what you have. Wealth is all in one's point of view.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Aww! I absolutly love reading things like that.

It really does make you think about things. It's humbling. Thank you for posting it Judy.. :)

That was so lovely Judy. Thanks for sharing hon :) .
It reminds me of the story of a teacher and her class of 7 year olds. There were asked to name as many of the 7 wonders of the world as they could.

There was everything from the pyramids, to Disney Land and so on. But one little girl baffled the teacher. For her answer she had written, the wonders are
the wonder of sight
the wonder of speech
the wonder of hearing
the wonder of touch
the wonder of taste

Very profound for a 7 year old but also very true. Amazing things we have that we so easily take for granted!!!

Beautifull stories Girls...

Here we say: "Wie het kleine niet eert is het grote niet weerd"

It roughly means....who doesn't appriciat the small things in life isn't worth the big/great things.

Carmella said:
Aww! I absolutly love reading things like that.

It really does make you think about things. It's humbling. Thank you for posting it Judy.. :)
This for you carmella!!! Hope you havent seen it before. :)

At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves learning disabled
children, the father of one of the students delivered a speech that would
never be forgotten by all who attended.
After extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a question.
When not interfered with by outside influences, everything nature does is
done with perfection. Yet my son, Shay, cannot learn things as other
children do. He cannot understand things as other children do. Where is
the natural order of things in my son?"
The audience was stilled by the query.
The father continued. "I believe, that when a child like Shay comes into
the world, an opportunity to realize true human nature presents itself,
and it comes, in the way other people treat that child."
Then he told the following story: Shay and his father had walked past a
park where some boys Shay knew were playing baseball. Shay asked, "Do you
think they'll let me play?"
Shay's father knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay
on their team, but the father also understood that if his son were
allowed to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging.
Shay's father approached one of the boys on the field and asked if Shay
could play.
The boy looked around for guidance and, getting none, he took matters
into his own hands and said, "We're losing by six runs and the game is in
the eighth inning. I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him
in to bat in the ninth inning."
In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs but was
still behind by three.
In the top of the ninth inning, Shay put on a glove and played in the
outfield.
Even though no hits came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in
the game and on the field, grinning from ear to ear as his father waved
to him from the stands.
In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again. Now, with
two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on base and
Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.
At this juncture, let Shay bat and give away their chance to win the game?
Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was all
but impossible 'cause Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat properly,
much less connect with the ball.
However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher moved in a few
steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay could at least be able to make
contact.
The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed. The pitcher
again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay. As
the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground ball
right back to the pitcher.
The pitcher picked up the soft grounder and could have easily thrown the
ball to the first baseman. Shay would have been out and that would have
been the end of the game.
Instead, the pitcher took the ball and turned and threw the ball on a
high arc to right field, far beyond the reach of the first baseman.
Everyone started yelling, "Shay, run to first! Run to first!"
Never in his life had Shay ever made it to first base. He scampered down
the baseline, wide-eyed and startled. Everyone yelled, "Run to second,
run to second!"
By the time Shay rounded first base, the right fielder had the ball. He
could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but he
understood the pitcher's intentions and intentionally threw the ball high
and far over the third-baseman's head.
Shay ran toward second base as the runners ahead of him deliriously
circled the bases toward home.
Shay reached second base, the opposing shortstop ran to him, turned him
in the direction of third base, and shouted, "Run to third!"
>
As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams were screaming, "Shay,
run home!"
Shay ran to home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who
hit the "grand slam" and won the game for his team.
"That day," said the father softly with tears now rolling down his face,
"the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love and humanity
into this world."

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
limerick_lad said:
This for you carmella!!! Hope you havent seen it before. :)
Aw Kevin, That was lovely. Thanks for sharin it bebe x

Claire, you're not the only one *:cry: *

If anyone has anymore...Post them pleaseeeeeeeee

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
The story goes....

Some time ago, A man lived with his little girl. Money was scarce. It was Christmas time, and a terrible time to have nothing.

One cold, dark evening the man was sitting in his old rocking chair staring at the shadows, made from the old wooden fire, bouncing on the walls like they were alive. His little girl was playing quietly by herself in the large, damp cobwebbed room. The man gradually began to drift off to sleep.

Once awoken, he noticed the little girl surrounded by an old tube of gold wrapping paper and a messily wrapped box sitting beside her. He was furious! How dare she waste things, when we are so poor. Especially at this time of year, he thought to himself.

He couldn't contain his anger and severely punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting the roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the tatty Christmas tree.

He sent the little girl to bed, after shouting at her.

Nevertheless, The little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy."

He was a bit embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared up again when he found the box was empty.

He yelled at her, "Don't you know when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside it?!!!!!!" He continued shouting at her about this.

The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eye and said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty, I blew kisses into the box. All for you, Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

It is told that the man kept that gold box by his bed for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us as humans, have
been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, friends,family or God.

There is no more precious possession anyone could
hold.

:cry:

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Moonlight Ride

I got this in an email FWD. about drunk driving.

Jenny was so happy about the house they had found. For once in her life it was on the right side of town.
She unpacked her things with such great ease. As she watched her new curtains blow in the breeze.
How wonderful it was to have her own room.
School would be starting, she'd have friends over soon. There'd be sleep-overs, and parties; she was so happy. It's just the way she wanted her life to be. On the first day of school, everything went great. She made new friends and even got a date!
She thought, "I want to be popular, and I'm going to be, Because I just got a date with the star of the team!"

To be known in this school you had to have a clout, And dating this guy would sure help her out. There was only one problem stopping her fate. Her parents had said she was too young to date. "Well, I just won't tell them the entire truth. They won't know the difference; what's there to lose?"

Jenny asked to stay with her friends that night. Her parents frowned but said, "All right."
Excited, she got ready for the big event But as she rushed around like she had no sense, She began to feel guilty about all the lies, But what's a pizza, a party, and a moonlight ride?
Well the pizza was good, and the party was great, But the moonlight ride would have to wait. For Jeff was half drunk by this time. But he kissed her and said that he was just fine. Then the room filled with smoke and Jeff took a puff Jenny couldn't believe he was smoking that stuff.

Now Jeff was ready to ride to the point But only after he'd smoked another joint.
They jumped in the car for the moonlight ride, Not thinking that he was too drunk to drive. They finally made it to the point at last, And Jeff started trying to make a pass. A pass is not what Jenny wanted at all (and by a pass, I don't mean playing football). "Perhaps my parents were right....maybe I am too young. Boy, how could I ever, ever be so dumb."

With all of her might, she pushed Jeff away: "Please take me home, I don't want to stay." Jeff cranked up the engine and floored the gas. In a matter of seconds they were going too fast. As Jeff drove on in a fit of wild anger, Jenny knew that her life was in danger.
She begged and pleaded for him to slow down, But he just got faster as they neared the town. "Just let me get home! I'll confess that I lied. I really went out for a moonlight ride."

Then all of a sudden, she saw a big flash. "Oh God, Please help us! We're going to crash!"
She doesn't remember the force of impact. Just that everything all of a sudden went black. She felt someone remove her from the twisted rubble, And heard, "Call an ambulance! These kids are in trouble!"
Voices she heard...a few words at best. But she knew there were two cars involved in the wreck. Then wondered to herself if Jeff was all right, And if the people in the other car were alive.

She awoke in the hospital to faces so sad. "You've been in a wreck and it looks pretty bad." These voices echoed inside her head, As they gently told her that Jeff was dead.

They said "Jenny, we've done all we can do. But it looks as if we'll lose you too."
"But the people in the other car!?" Jenny cried. "We're sorry, Jenny, they also died." Jenny prayed, "God, forgive me for what I've done. I only wanted to have just one night of fun."

"Tell those people's family, I've made their lives dim, And wish I could return their families to them." "Tell Mom and Dad I'm sorry I lied, And that it's my fault so many have died. Oh, nurse, won't you please tell them that for me?" The nurse just stood there ~ she never agreed. But took Jenny's hand with tears in her eyes And a few moments later Jenny died.

A man asked the nurse, "Why didn't you do your best To bid that girl her one last request?"
She looked at the man with eyes oh so sad. "Because the people in the other car were her mom and dad."
This story is sad and unpleasant but True, So young people take heed, it could have been you. Drinking and driving is Not cool. Be careful of your habits and who you're hanging with. Give everything a second thought.