electricity costs help

kevkj

Gladiator
I wonder if anyone can help me.
Our electric bills on our site are enormous .
The site electric ,just site lights is £265 for two months ,weve been feeding other sites can you believe it?
Now the villa bills seem enormous ,12 days occupance and a £44 bill.
I have a 4 bedroom villa,in it is one water heater for showers etc,one air con unit .
Does anybody know what i can expect a typical bill to be in Summer and winter?
Also when the meter clock up a unit ,how much does each unit cost in pence?

iamTravelr

Admin
Staff member
Blogger
Hi;

I understand that you are from UK (at least sumbit that question from UK). But if your villa is in Kusadasi, then i must say that 44£ for 12 days is TOO MUCH. You should go to Turkish Electricity Department and report it. If you can not, consult this issue with your real estate agent. They have to help you.

If you are talking about a villa in UK, then ignore what i say above.

kevkj

Gladiator
electricity

thanks admin, i was referring to our villa in Davutlar.
We have been in touch with the estate agents with little success. The electric bill comes in then each villa has their individual reading taken. The total bill for the last two months was £465. Of which £195 was for the individual villas and the remainder for the site. We have been informed that we were feeding three other sites close to our villa. Since then we have not been updated. So obviously I'm just trying to gauge what would be a normal bill.

iamTravelr

Admin
Staff member
Blogger
Yes, but also you will HAVE TO report this issue to Turkish Electricity. Some malicious bad neighbour(s) may use up your electricity line OR accidentally there are some leakages ..etc.

Flipping heck kev.. that is excessive..
You are paying far too much I am sure of it.

I know electricity in Turkey isn't cheap, but my word. £44 for two weeks, works out to over £1200 a year.

Sorry, I know this isn't helping you at all.. but I am stunned!!!

As for paying the running cost for another site.. not on your nelly!! You have to take it up with your agents, and fast!