6 Nations Rugby

Is anyone interested in Rugby??? Or anyone watching the 6 Nations??

I was soo delighted on Sunday when Ireland won against England. Two years in a row wahhooo I just know we are gonna win the 6 nations this time, we have to or else! Its about bloody time anyway, its been forever since the last time we won and we have a super team, probably the best wev ever had.

Hey did you know that in the rugby world cup, Ireland was voted the best looking team in the world cup. Honestly some of em are gorge in real life, especially Ronan O'Gara and Brian O'Driscoll. These pics arent great but they were all i could find lol.

http://webcenters.compuserve.com/compuserve/celebrity/search.jsp?cap=ronan+o'gara

http://webcenters.compuserve.com/compuserve/celebrity/search.jsp?cap=brian+o'driscoll

Have an oogle but im tellin you these pics dont do the boys in green any justice compared to how they look in real life :miranda:

Oh and heres the song that the Irish team sing all together before they play a match. I love it! Hey and im looking at tv now and 3 of the players are on a chat show lol. Anyway heres the song.Its called,

Ireland's Call

Come the day and come the hour
Come the power and the glory
We have come to answer our country's call
From the four proud provinces of Ireland

(Chorus)
Ireland Ireland Together standing tall
Soulder to shoulder, we'll answer Ireland's call.

From the mighty plains of Antrim
From the rugged hills of Galway
From the walls of Limerick and Dublin bay
From the four proud provinces of Ireland

(Chorus)
(I forget the line here lol)
Vowing never to be broken
We will fight until we can fight no more
For the four proud provinces of Ireland

(Chorus)

Thats it, but ya know what i love most about rugby is that it is the only international sport where the country is united. In soccer for example, there is the Republic of Ireland team and there is also the Northern Ireland team. It's generally like that will all sports in Ireland. The country is divided.
However, rugby is the only sport in Ireland where the country is united both North and South and we have possibly the best team in the world at the moment. I think the politicians in Northern Ireland could learn a thing or two from the rugby team and thats a sad thing to have to say :(

**claire**

Super Moderator
hey Shannon,

Im a huge rugby fan!!!

WELSH supporter!! :) (i went to Uni there, & really got into Rugby while i was there, soem of the international palyers (at the time) were in my class, so we used to go to all the matches.

I think Ireland will win the tournament this year, & your right ..cracking looking team of boys!! .. Brain O'Drisscol ...YUMMY!!!! ;)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
I am for England, obviously. (Although I love Ireland and will support them if they are playing anyone else but England.)

Actually......... I only watch it for Johnny Wilkinson. YUM!

Listen to this though, i was actually a bit shocked when i read this! Ive only really gotten into rugby over the last 2 years but i was reading the paper the other day and there was an article on the Ireland v. England rugby match last sunday and it was talkin about the last few years.

In 2003, when England came to Dublin to play Ireland, this is what they did. The Irish team are supossed to line up on one side before the match to greet the president of Ireland and theres a red carpet fot her to walk on and the English team on the other.
The English team came out first and the captain lined them up on Irelands side of the pitch. When the Irish team came out, captain Brian O'Driscoll asked them to move to their side. The English captain shouted at his team "Stand your ...ing ground lads dont move for these ....". The embarassed Irish captain just brought his team to the other side and by the time the president got to them she had to walk through the mud to greet them. The English team won the match that day and as you can imagine, the irish lads were a bit peeved to put it mildly.

From that day on, the Irish Rugby association sent strict protocals to the English rugby association if England are ever playing in Ireland again. So Ireland travelled to twickenham in uk in 2004 and beat the english on their own ground and then England came over here and this year and we beat them again. So the boys are thrilled.

I dont care bout the Irish English thing, people are people to me whatever nationality they are from and i like nice people wherever they are from. For example there are loadsa people in this forum that are just sweeties :p . But i have to say when i read that in the paper, i was a bit disgusted at the behaviour of the English Rugby team in Ireland :confused:

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Shannon said:
I dont care bout the Irish English thing, people are people to me whatever nationality they are from and i like nice people wherever they are from. For example there are loadsa people in this forum that are just sweeties.
Same as. I don't see nationalities, only personalities. Generalizing is the most obvious sign of a narrow, undeveloped mind. People are people, good and bad, no matter where they come from.

BUT..

Shannon said:
The English captain shouted at his team "Stand your ...ing ground lads dont move for these ....".
You are right. That is a horrible thing to do/say. I actually feel ashamed that an English person would say that.

Martin Johnson was the captain then, it was a disgrace that McAleese had to walk in the mud because they were too ignorant to show some respect for our head of state, but fair play to her she walked in the mud anyway!

The match was fantastic, it really was nailbiting stuff at the very end, and it could have gone either way really im thrilled we are doing so well their a great bunch of lads, my favourite's Shane Horgan i've seen him in the flesh and he is FIT big time!!

Bring on the frenchies this Sunday.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Lol I actually just heard that on the News a wee while ago and thought 'I bet Claire will be happy'

You are the only person I know that supports Wales! lol

Congrats!!

Shannon said:
Congrats Wales
Hahaha not said with any bitterness, ay honey lol. I was gutted Ireland didnt win 2 xxxx

**claire**

Super Moderator
Carmella said:
Lol I actually just heard that on the News a wee while ago and thought 'I bet Claire will be happy'

You are the only person I know that supports Wales! lol

Congrats!!

Hahaha not said with any bitterness, ay honey lol. I was gutted Ireland didnt win 2 xxxx
To be fair ....Ireland played really well today, it was a crackin match & i am SOOO gutted i didnt go, i had friends in the stadium who kept calling me so i could hear the crowd ...Cardiff bars full of paddys ...am i mad!!!

**claire runs off to put her slap on & take the 4 hour drive to Cardiff ..i should get there for last orders!! ;) **

:cry: :cry: okay im gonna let it all out. Ya know ireland is always the country who nearly wins the big cheese, we are always nearly the best but we never quite get there gggrrr

Whats cool about the Irish and the welsh though is when they play each other the fans have a great craic together, they never have trouble between them!

**claire**

Super Moderator
Shannon said:
:cry: :cry: okay im gonna let it all out. Ya know ireland is always the country who nearly wins the big cheese, we are always nearly the best but we never quite get there gggrrr
:friends: you did very well at Cheltenham this week tho!!!! ;) (horse racing)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Shannon said:
Whats cool about the Irish and the welsh though is when they play each other the fans have a great craic together, they never have trouble between them!
I agree.It's a shame about the English..we are such hooligans!!!!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
I know, They ruin it for the rest. Selfish pricks xxx

I watched this programme once about English Chelsea football supporters and the chelsea headhunters - that goto football matches PURELY to fight and kick the shit out of people. How pathetic. Too much time on their hands, much? *Shakes Head*

Irish

Congrats To The Welsh On Their Huge Win. But What Is It About The Irish That No Matter What Sport We Participate In We Always Have A Great Laugh With The Opposing Supporters Are All The Irish Just Crackers Or Wha??????

Sue

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Yeah the Irish are well sound. They are always so effin friendly to everyone because they're all about the good craic. They could teach the English a thing or 2 i tell ya!