bring on the EFES!!!

**claire**

Super Moderator
The BBPA (the British Beer and Pub Association) want to set the record straight on beer's calorific qualities. Startling as it may seem, beer is less, not more, fattening than wine.

According to the BBPA, a glass of beer with a typical 4.6% alcoholic volume, has fewer calories not only than a similar measure of wine, but also milk or fruit juice.
Spirits, meanwhile, contain more than six times the calories of beer, and when mixed with a soft drink, the calorie-count soars even higher.

But who ever heard of a wine belly or a vodka gut?

Research into drinking habits has found that beer's fattening reputation has more to do with the lifestyle of those who drink it, and the greasy bar snacks that often accompany a night down the local.

"There's no such thing as the beer belly," says George Philliskirk, of the Beer Academy. "But it is an appetite stimulant and it's the fish and chips or curry that round off a night with a few pints that puts the weight on." (or kebabs :confused: )A study of 2,300 drinkers in the Czech Republic, where beer is the tipple of choice, found they put on almost no more weight around the abdomen than non-drinkers

well....i think thats the best excuse ever to have a few extra efe's!!! :p

Ah Claire dont be telling me that i love my red wine i thought it was very low in calories! and really love my rum and diet 7up, i dont really drink much beer anyway because when you've a bladder the size of a matchbox its not the best drink to be having.

**claire**

Super Moderator
Jenny said:
Ah Claire dont be telling me that i love my red wine i thought it was very low in calories! and really love my rum and diet 7up, i dont really drink much beer anyway because when you've a bladder the size of a matchbox its not the best drink to be having.
ha ha ...im a wine drinker as well ..I LOVE my wine!!! :inlove: (& of course ..its good for the blood!! ;) )

I only drink beer in Turkey .....i really like Efe's ...much better than the rubbish they serve over here!!

Great news Claire Bear :bigok: :bow:

After years of drinking vodka, I have recently returned to drinking lager (Coors Light) and am delighted to hear of it's low calorie content.
(Then again, I supppose any alcohol is low enough in calories if you drink it in moderation, not by the vat as I normally do!!! lol)

Thanks Claire, I can now down twice as much as I used to , if there is no such thing as a beer belly!!!

Hmmm, still not convinced though lol

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Interesting! I always thought beer was fattening. I love all alcohol...But especially my spirits (vodka vodka vodka). Uh oh!

But bring on the EFES!!!!! I'm a true geeza bird @ heart anyway ;)

Ps: Thanks for that pic Claire haha, s'put me off me dinner