smoothies

samca

Saray Goddess
im attempting a "smoothie diet" am replacing my breakfast and lunch with a smoothie and then eating a normal dinner.

im so stuck for interesting ideas!!

anyone know whether this diet works?

sam

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Hi Sam,

From experience I don't know if they work, as I've never tried it. But Jordan (Katie Price) lost 2 stones in just 6 weeks using the smoothie diet. (although it was also combined with exercise)

Jordan puts her speedy weight-loss down to swapping some meals with vitamin packed juices which she makes at home. She said: ‘I’m eating avocados, pineapple, spinach and celery sticks, all mixed together. It sounds revolting but it’s delicious.’ She drinks the juice twice a day and then eats chicken or fish with vegetables or salad in the evening. She’s also stopped eating carbs which has helped to shift the pounds
The Smoothie

Ingredients
¼ Cucumber; 1 stick of celery; ½ small pineapple, peeled and chopped; Handful of spinach leaves; ¼ lime, peeled; 4 golden Delicious apples, chopped; Flesh of ½ ripe avocado; Small hand full of ice

How to make the smoothie
Juice the cucumber, celery, pineapple, spinach, lime and 3 1/2 apples. Place the avocado and remaining 1/2 apple in a blender, together with the juice mixture and ice. Give a good whiz for 45 seconds. Pour into a glass and serve.

How to Follow the Diet
Prepare the juices daily - if you follow the instructions above you will have enough juice for breakfast and lunch. Your evening meal should be well balanced - Jordan was choosing either a chicken salad or fish and vegetables.

Why it is good for you
It is loaded with the 6 essential dietary needs. The avocado provides fibre, good fat and protein. The smoothie is packed with loads of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants to nourish your body.

There are loads of healthy smoothie recipes online, just search google. Here are a few: Click Clickity Click

samca

Saray Goddess
Carmella;98342 said:
Hi Sam,

From experience I don't know if they work, as I've never tried it. But Jordan (Katie Price) lost 2 stones in just 6 weeks using the smoothie diet. (although it was also combined with exercise)

There are loads of healthy smoothie recipes online, just search google. Here are a few: Click Clickity Click

if she lost two stones in 6 weeks then maybe my august i could be a size 00

lol no really im jokin a 10/12 will do nicely.

will let you know if it does work- im not a fan of exercise or veg- but i like fruit :lmao: ( am soooo fussy!!!!!!!)

**claire**

Super Moderator
Jordan cutting out carbs is probably what caused her weight loss.

Smoothys are good for you, as they contain ALOT of vitamins, but as with any diet, if you are missing meals, you will loose weight, but it is more likely to be easily gained once you start eating normally again. (its a bit like slim fast ..yes it works, but its hard to keep the weight off)

1 bad thing with smoothies, the more fruits you use, the more sugar they contain. even tho they are natural sugars, they do still contain calories.

Ive recently been reading about the blood type diet (a friend has lost a lot of weight by following this plan)

Dr D’Adamo believes our blood group determines how our bodies deal with different nutrients. His theory is based on the idea that each blood group has its own unique antigen marker (a substance that the body recognises as being alien) and this marker reacts badly with certain foods, leading to all sorts of potential health problems. Furthermore, Dr D’Adamo believes that levels of stomach acidity and digestive enzymes are linked with your blood type. Consequently, he says, by following a diet designed specifically for your blood type, your body digests and absorbs food more efficiently, with the result that you lose weight.
Its really intersting, as the person who was successful with this plan, has like me been dieting for years, he ate a lot of fruit (fresh, smoothies etc) he was introduced to this plan, & with his blood type, he cannot digest / break down the sugars in many fruits, & this is why he struggeled to loose weight.

he has been follwoing this plan for 2 years & swears by it. (hes lost about 6 stone in that time)

Have a look for "The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies" by Natalie Savona.It has 365 recipes, all rated in 5 catagories, energy, detox,immunity, digestion and skin.She also gives the nutrients contained in each juice/smoothie.

While Jordan may have lost 2 stone or whatever on a smoothie diet ,let's face it, the only way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise more.However, this neccessitates giving up practically everything on this planet which we love, chocolate, mayonnaise,Terry's Oranges(not Dawn's-mine!), bread and cake.A daily trek o'er the hills and dales of Kus is also recommended.
Now I am in the "a little of what you fancy does you no harm" camp, tragically the little is sometimes a lot but hey ho.......

kay

Kusadasi Kiwi
I also fight my weight and am likely to do so all my life however had a series of blood tests done and analysed by Dr with a special interest in nutrition etc (works for an outfit here called Sureslim). The results were interesting (but a bit predictible). I could not process quickly foods high in carbs and by reducing them solved the problem - down about 20 kg - no spuds, rice, pasta,cooked carrots (raws fine - the cooking changes their metabolism), 2 bits of fruit a day, limited bread or wraps, and small amounts of protein 3 times a day (cheesem, milk products, meat or fish of your choice). Plus lots of seeds, and olive oil. Worked wonders. Trouble is - going back to my old bad habits it goes on very quickly so on holiday and lashings of Turkish bread, gozleme and cake accounted for 3 kgs in 4 weeks. The other recommendation was no more than 30 minutes structured excercise daily unless the protein level was increased as the body decides its starving and slows down the metabolism.

Good luck with the smoothies. They are great.

good luck - and PS if you look like the photo - why bother - you look great.

samca

Saray Goddess
kay;98541 said:
Thankyou - that was a couple of years ago now. thats my aim a 10/12. i have put on weight rapidly lately- am blaming it on the fact i work shifts so most mornings at 10am it feels like tea time. am attempting to get back into a somewhat "normal routine".

kay;98541 said:
I also fight my weight and am likely to do so all my life however had a series of blood tests done and analysed by Dr with a special interest in nutrition etc (works for an outfit here called Sureslim). The results were interesting (but a bit predictible). I could not process quickly foods high in carbs and by reducing them solved the problem - down about 20 kg - no spuds, rice, pasta,cooked carrots (raws fine - the cooking changes their metabolism), 2 bits of fruit a day, limited bread or wraps, and small amounts of protein 3 times a day (cheesem, milk products, meat or fish of your choice). Plus lots of seeds, and olive oil. Worked wonders. Trouble is - going back to my old bad habits it goes on very quickly so on holiday and lashings of Turkish bread, gozleme and cake accounted for 3 kgs in 4 weeks. The other recommendation was no more than 30 minutes structured excercise daily unless the protein level was increased as the body decides its starving and slows down the metabolism.

Good luck with the smoothies. They are great.

Wow! My eyes almost popped out Kay!!! I never believed in the bloodtype thing,but your story has really has changed that.
:) :) :)

samca;98562 said:
Thankyou - that was a couple of years ago now. thats my aim a 10/12. i have put on weight rapidly lately- am blaming it on the fact i work shifts so most mornings at 10am it feels like tea time. am attempting to get back into a somewhat "normal routine".
:( Shift work definately plays absolute havoc with the metabolism, one of the reasons I chucked a career in the travel industry. I went from thin to beached whale ....like that!! So if this is happening to you, better watch it closely Sam!;) No meals 3hours before bedtime and make sure you have plenty of fruit and veg during the day as snacks so your blood sugar levels don´t drop making you feel ravenous.:yummy:

samca

Saray Goddess
Hephaestion;98595 said:
Shift work definately plays absolute havoc with the metabolism, one of the reasons I chucked a career in the travel industry. I went from thin to beached whale ....like that!! So if this is happening to you, better watch it closely Sam!;) No meals 3hours before bedtime and make sure you have plenty of fruit and veg during the day as snacks so your blood sugar levels don´t drop making you feel ravenous.:yummy:
oopss! i eat when i get in then get straight in bed. i wake up then eat tea then sleep again. its a viscious circle. after a few weeks chocolate is amazing at 5 am!!! im also turning into a lucozade junkie- but its full of sugar, but it keeps me awake. especially when i have a 40 min drive between work and bed its so dangerous driving when tired!!

tracie

Super Star Scouser of Söke
samca;98335 said:
im attempting a "smoothie diet" am replacing my breakfast and lunch with a smoothie and then eating a normal dinner.

im so stuck for interesting ideas!!

anyone know whether this diet works?

sam
dont now if this diet works but i no on slimming world u can eat as much fruit as u want but if u blend them 2 make a smoothie they become syns

i thought i was doing good by using fruit & yogurt 4 breakfast & making a smoothie out of them
it was only when in class the consultant asked 4 new ideas so i told her i was making them that she told me about it
so that put an end 2 my good idea

good luck with the diet hun

Hey Sam,
One of the women I work with, has just came off a two week shake type diet. She does it every year and loses weight. She has just lost 9lbs in 2 weeks but to me it seemed pretty hard going. She would have a shake 3 times a day (they were filled with all sorts of vitamins) and could only drink water throughout the day, she couldn't even have fruit. She as lost wait like but, dont know if i have the willpower lol. I'm considering trying it out.
Clare xx

They are hard going!

I just substituted any chocolate and sweet treats with a smootie.
So much tastier and I felt healthier!
I love smooties, soooo yummy :drool:
Just as long as you eat healthily and drink healthily you find that it's so much better!

Oh and also Slimfast smootieas are so nice too.
I had them for breaktimes at school!

samca

Saray Goddess
the smoothie diet lasted all of 2 days. it just felt like i was drinking so i always wanted to eat aswell. i think my best option would be to starve now lol considering i only have 4 weeks untill magaluf and 7 till kus!!!

Richard

Cardiff King
This should work!!

Loads of Ice,
1/2pint Baileys,
Blend till thick
Add whisky/vodka to taste.

Might not work for a diet but makes you feel great.:crazy: :miranda: :cheers:

tracie

Super Star Scouser of Söke
kusadasi-babe;118939 said:
Just made a smoothie
Quite nice :yummy:
Think I'm going to try the smoothie diet :)
No chocolate so I'll have to make do with smoothies :doh:
you could always melt the chocolate & blend it into the smoothie hun