ATM warning

Peted1

Kusadasi Artist
Hi,

A quick warning about using ATMs in town. We've just discovered an £11,000 deficit in our UK bank account. The culprit, double and tripple debit entries for the same amounts on the same day whenever we used my wife's card in an ATM down town. Our bank in the UK is checking to make sure it isn't entries in error by them, but at the moment it looks like fraudulent withdrawals.

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
Thanks for warning is it the same ATM if so what one?
Hope its just a mistake very worrying.
Keep us posted.
Thanks
Ann xx

Peted1

Kusadasi Artist
We can't pin it down to any particular ATM as we use a variety, and couldn't really say it was this one on such and such a date...........Our bank in the UK is also sending us the fraud forms to fill in and send back and if they find a mistake they've said they will tear up the forms. In the interim, just be careful folks.

That's shocking, Pete!! Whether an error or fraud hope you get this sorted out asap. Keep us posted on the outcome please. Gaz.

kay

Kusadasi Kiwi
Pete - what a nightmare. Hope its sorted out super quick - and its made me take a very fast look at my withdrawal slips and check my statements.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
:( That's awful, I really hope it's a mistake & that it gets resolved.

Thanks for the warning Pete, maybe it will prevent this happening to others now they are aware.

nothing is safe nowaday, you cant do anything, go anywhere without feeling 100% safe. What is this world coming too???

Anyway Pete i hope it soon gets resolved and lets hope you get your money back

martdee

Derry's Darling
Pete
I am really sorry to hear this. I hope its a mistake on the banks part and you get it all sorted out.
I always use my debit card when abroad and wonder now if this is really a good idea. Mind you I only use an account that I keep for the purpose and have transferred funds into before the trip so the chances a large amount going missing dont enter into the equation but if double entries were made on the account...I would be up the creek as I rarely carry cash.
I hope you get it resolved really soon and please keep us updated
Marie

joy

Sweet Yorkshire Rose
So sorry to hear this Pete..... will you be covered by the bank in anyway if it is fraud....i think if you inform them asap.... they cover the loss????
something like this was reported a year or so ago.....where someone waits until you have just left the hole in the wall... and they already have it rigged somehow so it leaves a copy of your card ect.
I would of thought that the bank would have rang you..... as any abnormal pattern of use of your card even if its yourself they ring and check that you have drawn out double or treble amounts.
So it sounds more like bank error!!!!! hope its all sorted soooon pete.. never a dull moment.

Sorry to hear that Pete. Awful.
Can't help but agree with Joy in that it sounds a bit like a bank error.
I know those ATM scams are commonplace everywhere now, it seems but to have the identical amounts taken out each time sounds more like a bank error, especially as you didn't use the same ATM every time. That would mean that every single ATM you used was being skimmed??
Yep, as Joy says, surely they should have informed you that there was something suspicious about your transactions?
Either way, so long as you come out of it ok that is the important thing.
Keep us informed.
Best of luck too.
Tilli

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
OMG Pete!! Im sure you're in shock!

How could your UK bank let it go so far before contacting you?

Im glad I rarely use the ATM.

Keep us updated and Im sure you'll get it sorted out very quickly.

Alison

Ugh what a a dreadful shock, Pete!!!:(

Similar thing happened to my brother over here, but their was no problem, the bank covered it!!!

I´m sure it will be back to normal in a few days, but with all that is happening right now with your projects I can well imagine this kind of stress is most unwelcome.

I won´t be using the ATM´s in future.

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
Peted1;100905 said:
Hi,

A quick warning about using ATMs in town. We've just discovered an £11,000 deficit in our UK bank account. The culprit, double and tripple debit entries for the same amounts on the same day whenever we used my wife's card in an ATM down town. Our bank in the UK is checking to make sure it isn't entries in error by them, but at the moment it looks like fraudulent withdrawals.
I hope you get it sorted Pete:mad: