any business brains on here

is there any business brains on here iv got this stupid stupid essay on the euro!!!

To what extent is the UK’s failure to join the Euro causing British firms to lose competitiveness?

how the feck do i know i bin researching but its not clear stuff i can put in my essay its all opinionated!!!googlebusters i need help!!! :p

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
kusadasigirl69 said:
To what extent is the UK’s failure to join the Euro causing British firms to lose competitiveness?
Argh you have essay's on the worst subjects chick!! :p I had to do something similar like this before about the euro...Let me see.... (i dunno if this will help, but Im bored so..)

Mkayyyyy so why are British firms losing out because of the failure to join the Euro.

Well..To improve better living standards, Britain needs to be apart of a large unified market. This will enable business to sell more widely and to achieve the massive economies of scale like in the US. It will also enable families and businesses to buy from a larger, and thus also cheaper, range of suppliers.

Right now, any British company exporting to the continent has no idea what the sterling/euro exchange rate will be in the future..Soooo it cannot tell at all accurately what profits or losses might result from expanding it's trading activities in Europe. This ''exchange rate risk'' is a major disincentive to trade and invest for the purpose of exporting to the continent.

Hmmmm Aight - so one market requires One money...So the central argument for joining the Euro is - the benefit of market size. If a country joins a wider market......it benefits in 2 ways. 1) Producers can reach more customers sooooo that means they can operate on a larger scale. 2) A large market makes it possible to buy from a wider range of suppliers. (Some of which will be able to produce more cheaply than domestic suppliers can)
This wider choice is good for consumers, and it is good for businesses looking for cheap intermiediate products and good locations to outsource....

A single currency is better and has a more powerful effect on bussiness trade and productivity.

*yawn* ..

So if Britain stays out of the Euro...then it loses alot of advantages. And for businesses - they really are at a disadvantage..So it is to a large extent that they are missing out.

Say for example ..any firm produces machines in Britain and sells them in say Germany...then it pays out wages in pounds. Buuuuuuuut If the pound becomes more expensive - the goods become more expensive to the 300 million euro consumers ..so the firm cannot sell as much EVEN if it accepts a lower profit on each item it sells. The firms profit then falls and they could go bankrupt.

In a world of single currencies, profits fluctuate and fall with the exchange rate. Having the pound, a seperate currency from Europe, increases bussiness risk for any firm that exports or which competes with imports.

I could go on forever but i'll shut up now. It's easy to bullshit on the subject to a certain extent as it is purely logical as to why British bussinesses and firms are losing out and losing competitiveness due to not joining the Euro..

*Takes a breath*

u r a star Mella!!!! :miranda: its one of them topics where there is that many different opinions on it its hard to get the real facts i hate fecking bastard essays!!!!got two every week n thats just from business studies!!i also do english language which means long long pieces of written coursework!!!!!by the end of my exams i will have officialyy gone mad!!! :1pissed:

GoogleBuster 2 reporting !!!

Well babe congratulations on another horrible essy :( It's a hard topic but I'll see wath I can find on the internet for ya !!

xx

kusadasigirl69 said:
thanks eline u truly are the google busting queen!!hehehe
Thanks babe !!

*taking a bow* :bow:

BTW how did your mom take the bad news???? And do you know yet when your re-sits (was that the word ??) are??

heheheh(looks guilty) i accidently forgot to tell my mother!!!i handed in my resit forms today theyl be in june when i get back from kusadasi!!lol have to try n revise !!!who am i trying to kid yeah right!!

whaaaaat ?? :D OMG your're real BAD !! lol

well I will be in Kusadasi when you are so every day I will force you to study for 2 hours !!

Only joking babe !! But really do your best... :)

help il have to go in disguise around kusadasi!!i took my work wit me one time and ended up trying to do it wen i came in from barstreet drunk i wrote a load of crap n then next day had forgot what id learnt n had to start again!!hehe i have bin gud since i got my exam results done all my homework nearly fort id have a break today n post whore to the extremes!!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Ha ha i never tell my mam shit like tha either.

I also still have all the letters my headmaster and other bastards wrote to me mum whenever i skipped school. I always managed to get to the post first luckily.

i would rather be selective with the truth than get an earful of naggin

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
hehe yeh! Mum I got an F - Isn't that great. Much better than so and so who got an A!! (A means arsehole, mum honestly..)

or like in the film Clueless.. I'd just go round doing good things and flirting with the teachers to get my grades higher.

Sarah that is one boring assignment lol

I recently had to do one on the "Democratic Deficit" in the European Union but to write one on the euro lol, could it get any more boring. Talk about inflation etc and how england bein out of the euro, affects its strength against the american dollar etc...

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
I like writing essays actually. I especially loved it when you had to read a book for English lit. like 'Of mice and men' or 'Animal farm' and you had to write about it.. Lollll :eek:

Carmella said:
I like writing essays actually. I especially loved it when you had to read a book for English lit. like 'Of mice and men' or 'Animal farm' and you had to write about it.. Lollll :eek:
Animal Farm !! I had to read it to for school...long time ago ..... !! Nothing ever changes ..

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Hehe Animal farm is great. It's really cleverly written. George Orwell is an amazing writer.

A little while ago My friend, Matt put on the movie Animal farm. But boy was that very different to the book!! :eek: :eek: :eek: