Health Care in kusadasi

Hi everyone,my family and i are travelling to kusadasi at the end of may,we was wondering does any body know what the health care system is like we have paid for top insurance,will that make any differance.
with thanx
ruth xx :)

hey ruth there are doctors surgeries everywhere im not sure if your insurance will cover that but it probably will! i know a friend of my cut his hand but had to pay but i dont think it will be hugely expensive though either! if u have booked with a travel company id ask them they'd probably give u the best advice but im not absolutely sure if the insurance will cover! sorry i couldnt be of much help xxxx

**claire**

Super Moderator
ruth said:
Hi everyone,my family and i are travelling to kusadasi at the end of may,we was wondering does any body know what the health care system is like we have paid for top insurance,will that make any differance.
with thanx
ruth xx :)
Hi Ruth,
The Health care in turkey is pretty good, your Insurance policy will have details of all health care that it covers, basic healthcare will definatly be covered, you will find that you will have to pay to see doctors / hospital & any treatments you recieve inc medication, then claim for all the expensises when you return from your trip.

If (god forbid) something serious happens, then the hospitals usually take contact your insurers direct (also if your travelling with a holiday company, the reps often help with this)

A lot of British insurance companies are now putting a lot of small print in regarding holiday insurance,(such as water sports, if you are under the influence of alcohol etc the policy becomes void) so make sure you have a good read thru your policy.

:)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
When I was in Spain a few years ago me and my mates were tanked up and my friend Neil fell from a 4 story balcony onto a concrete pavement. He would have died if he haden't had so much alcohol in his system. Thank god for insurance. His medicle bills were huge.
Bit of Randomness for ya hehe

**claire**

Super Moderator
Carmella said:
When I was in Spain a few years ago me and my mates were tanked up and my friend Neil fell from a 4 story balcony onto a concrete pavement. He would have died if he haden't had so much alcohol in his system. Thank god for insurance. His medicle bills were huge.
Bit of Randomness for ya hehe
Lucky he was covered Carmella..... (hope hes Ok now!!) Most of the insurence companies now have a rule that if the 'accident' happens whilst under the influence of alcohol your policy becomes void & your responsible for any costs. thishappened last summer to a girl in Turkey (think it was Marmaris or Bodrum ..i can't remember :confused: she fell of a balcony & seriously hurt herself, so much so that she needed an air ambulance to get back to the UK, the hospital in turkey would not discharge her until all bills were settled. As she had been drinking that day, the insurance company would not pay out, her parents took it to the press & eventually they paid out ...but i think it had to go to court (I think ....don't quote me ..that her parenst said that she had not been drinking & blood tests were inconclusive??)

nightmare tho ..... most people have a drink or two on there holidays ..you never know when an accident will happen!!! & i wonder how much alcohol is though as 'under the influence'?? ...

I also heard stories about hospitals. That they tend to do "extra" operations (to get more money) or are more expensive then usually.
I don't know if these rumours are true though. I would rather go to the hospitals/doctors at home.

**claire**

Super Moderator
Vladimir said:
I also heard stories about hospitals. That they tend to do "extra" operations (to get more money) or are more expensive then usually.
I don't know if these rumours are true though. I would rather go to the hospitals/doctors at home.
I have heard really good things about the Turkish Hospitals & health care in general ..i know people who go to private dentists while on holiday to have their treatments done, as the Turksih dentists are so much better (& cheaper) than here in the UK.

Well cheaper is for sure!! I don't want to go to Turkish doctors or Dutch doctors on vacation... Because I don't wanna get sick on vacation;).

Hi everyone,we have just been informed that it is in our best interest to have vacsinations,to travel to Turkey.Has anybody had these to travel there, and was there any side affects.I would be very gratefull for any advice on this matter
thanx again
Ruth :)

**claire**

Super Moderator
ruth said:
Hi everyone,we have just been informed that it is in our best interest to have vacsinations,to travel to Turkey.Has anybody had these to travel there, and was there any side affects.I would be very gratefull for any advice on this matter
thanx again
Hi Ruth,

I have never had any vacinations to travel to Turkey, i believe they are just advised ...not essential.
out of interest what where you advised to have??

I work in travel & we are not told to advise on any vacinations for Turkey??

Vacinations for what exactly isnt that extreme, how long are you going for, is it a 2 wk holiday or are you going to spend a few months travelling?

I have been vacinated anyway for hep a and b, yellow fever and polio because i went to Asia, but Turkey????

Last year they showed a commersial in the tv here in dk, saying that if u were travelling to asia or turkey i would be a good idea to get a vaccination against hep a and b. Just strange when u ask your doctor about it, they say u dont need it for turkey.
I dont know anybody that have had problems in turkey with that, and if your doctor doesnt find it nessesary, think it should be up to u what u do!
I got mine

**claire**

Super Moderator
Ive looked into it ...the only vaccination that is recomended is malaria but ..... i also found this on a health care site..

'There is a Potential malaria risk (exclusively in the benign vivax form) exists from May to the end of October in the Çukorova/Amikova areas and in southeast Anatolia, Adana and Antalya (Side). There is no malaria risk in the main tourist areas in the west and southwest of the country.'

Hi ruth
I know of someone who broke their arm over there and was advised by turkish friends to go through the private system and they actually found that the privare service was better than most EU countries.
Tony

Hi again,we were recomended for our diabetic daughter to have malaria and hep A polio and typoid they said because of her illness she is at high risk and docs said it would be advisable for us to have them too.I have also asked others that i know that have travelled to turkey and i only know one person that has had them.The rest didnt bother
thanx again

Hi Tony, when we was away last year my daughter needed urgent medical treatment and we went private they were fantastic.The best treatment possible was given to her.The insurance we had at the time paid for all of this so we got the same insurance,for travelling to Turkey.
thanx Tony
Ruth
xx :)

Hi Ruth
Our traval agent has always advised us to have hep', polio and typhoid ( malaria for certain parts of Turkey) but didn't mention it when we booked for this year.I have always had them (free at my doctors) because they don't do you any harm and I think 'it's better to be safe than sorry'. Thankfully, I have always been fine and never even had a tummy upset! (and Ive been to Turkey 11 times)

Have fun!

Tracyxxx 107 days to go..................

Hi Tracy,
Thankyou for your advice,its much appreciated,
Tracy only 67 day for us, cant wait never been to turkey before.
Ruth xx :)

Because I am going for a longer period, I was advised by my doctor to get a vacctionation for Hep. A. and some other diseases. One vacctionation here 2 weeks before I go and when I come back another one, then I am vaccinated for 10 years !!

My insurance was a "little" problem because most do insure you for over six months...but with some help it turned out Okay !!

My friend who lives in Turkey tells me the healt care is real good. And indeed a lot cheaper then here !!

But .... in spite of al the precautions I have taken I hope not to be in need of health care this summer !! :)