Marry

hmmm i think this is prefered by the muslims parents but that seems a little old fashioned now so i think in most circumstances no also some women/men choose to change religion but i think this should not really be an important issue marriage is about love not religion and one should not be pressured to change religions if they do not want to! hope you understand what im getting at! xxxx

I think its a matter of choice, nobody can force u to do anything u dont want.
But if the man is telling u from the beginning that u have to become a muslim before he would marrie u, i think u should think twice. dont make anybody tell u what to do.
Read the Quran, if u like its guidence then good luck to ya, but if i cant do what it says, then dont.
Goes for all religions

Im with a muslim man, and his family has never said anything about i have to converte. they love me for who i am, and they should!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Yeah, that would be wierd if you had to change your religion to suit someone else. Religion is something you believe in and have faith in so how could you change that purely because of marriage. You're beliefs wouldn't change, so your religion doesn't have to.

Boogie Boogie ?? Lol random joey kangerooooo

Allah

God Imagine Me In The Mosque Sing Ing Praises To Allah Withn A Yashmak On Me I Really Dont Think So
Me Changing My Religion To Suit A Guy No Way Hose I Wouldnt Impose My Religion On Anyone Either

Ah Well If Anyone Wants To Get Married Please Pm Me Immediateley

Sue
In Desperation

chihiro said:
Hi all! Any one knows if a non-muslim want to marry a muslim, does she/he need to become a muslim?
If you want to get married not only by law but before an imam (in the name of God) you DO have to convert to Islam. If your to-be husband/wife and his/her family don't mind you being another religion you won't have to choose, but can not have an "imam nikah".

Ive been told that if a girl of a different religion is marrying a muslim thats fine but if a muslim girl must preferably marry a muslim man!

x0x_JoAnNe_x0x said:
thats not very fair it seems that in eastern countries women are treated differently if that was here id kick ass!! xx
Its just culture, but to me it seems to be changing among the younger generation! I saw that very clearly in Kusadasi on new years eve, those turkish girls were kickin ass. :cool:

iamTravelr

Admin
Staff member
Blogger
turkeybabe said:
i would not marry a turk sorry they are lovely but i could not trust them they are better as a mate my mums mate married a turk he thinkes he ownes her .
HAHAH, typical Turkey men behaviour but thats why some girls Turkish men ;)

**claire**

Super Moderator
turkeybabe said:
i would not marry a turk sorry they are lovely but i could not trust them they are better as a mate my mums mate married a turk he thinkes he ownes her .
Why do you think only Turkish man are like this??

I have friends who are married to British men & they have this problem also ...they cannot do anything without asking for permission first??

How can you say you will never marry a Turkish man? you may meet the most wonderful person, who cares for you & loves you 110% ...& if he was turkish you would'nt marry him beacuse of his Country of origin??

Makes no sense to me .. Not every Turkish man is selfish, demanding & strict, same as not every British man is a Hooligan!

But in a way, when you marry someone, you belong to them and they belong to you!
I agree with Shannon, Marriage is something that you do when you love each other, you make a pact to care & look after each other ....yes you are still your own person, but you are now also part of a team!

**Ok rant over ...I just get SOOO annoyed when people assume that every person from a country is the same as the ones that they have experience off!!!**

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
**claire** said:
Why do you think only Turkish man are like this??

I have friends who are married to British men & they have this problem also ...they cannot do anything without asking for permission first??

How can you say you will never marry a Turkish man? you may meet the most wonderful person, who cares for you & loves you 110% ...& if he was turkish you would'nt marry him beacuse of his Country of origin??

Makes no sense to me .. Not every Turkish man is selfish, demanding & strict, same as not every British man is a Hooligan!

I agree with Shannon, Marriage is something that you do when you love each other, you make a pact to care & look after each other ....yes you are still your own person, but you are now also part of a team!

**Ok rant over ...I just get SOOO annoyed when people assume that every person from a country is the same as the ones that they have experience off!!!**
LOL GO KEZ, GO KEZZZZ!!!!!

People need to Stop stereotyping
They have one bad experience or have known someone who had a bad experience or whatever, and then categorize the whole country into the same stereotype. That's why the world is so narrow minded and judgemental..... because of stupid stereotypes. But generalizing is the most obvious sign of a narrow, undeveloped mind.

Men in general think that they own you, not just Turkish ones :p So what that girl said is pretty naive. Fair enough it's her opinion though, but it's a daft reason as to why she wouldn't marry a Turkish man.As they obviously aren't all like that.

It's like this Dutch girl once said to me ''I don't think I could ever date an English man, I mean all they do is sit in the pub drinking lager and watch football'
wtf, LOL..How can you stereotype a whole nation so easily? It's ridiculous.

I'm sure I had a point to this post but the more I ramble on, the further out of sight it goes :D ..So urm yeah - Stop stereotyping, loose the blinkers because you cannot stick whole countries/nationalities/people into the same box.

Sterotyping is such a common thing these days, and i cant for the hell of me think why? Just because someone is of the same religion, race ect doesnt mean that they should all fit into the same catagory!! If we all believed this, where would the world be today?! Even more f*cked up than it is already!! I love to meet people and judge them for myself, reguardless of what of people say!! And in doing so i have made many great friends, who i am still in contact with to this day!!

Oooh, feel better now thats off my chest, haha!! Can finally take a breath again :doh:

I agree i agree i agree :D

When you marry someone you are giving your life to that person to share with them, it doesnt mean the story of your life ends because you got married.