Slow Dance

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
AWWW! I just got this poem in an email...
A little girl wrote it when she was in hospital dying. It's so true & should teach us to slow down abit yanno & smell the roses once in awhile :eek:

Slow Dance

Have you ever watched kids
on a merry-go-round
Or listened to the rain
slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

Do you run through each day
on the fly
When you ask "How are you?"
do you hear the reply?

When the day is done,
do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow
And in your haste,
not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
'Cause you never had time
to call and say "Hi"?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away...

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.

That's sooo beautifull and true !! It brings tears to my eyes.. also because the radio is playing Kane - with Guusies song.... :cry:

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
I thought this was dead sweet aswelllllll :eek:

Footprints
A man had a dream one night. He dreamed he was walking along a beach with God. Across the sky flashed scenes of his life. With every scene that flashed by that was joyous in some way, there were two sets of footprints in the sand.
The man asked God, "Why are there two sets of footprints."
"My son," God answered, "it was then that I walked beside you."
Scenes kept flashing across the sky. The man noticed that when life seemed harsh and unbearable to him, there was only one set of footprints in the sand. This troubled the man.
So he asked God about it. "Lord, I noticed that when I was happy there were two sets of footprints in the sand. But when life was harsh and had me down there are only one set, why is this, why did you leave me when I needed You the most?"
God turned to the man and said, "I never left you, I would never leave you. When life was unbearable to you, it was then my child, that I carried you."

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Yeah Tis' sweet. Talking of sweetness..I never forget this story I was told for some reason.
My Ex boyfriend's mum saw a homeless guy at the petrol station a wee while ago, he was all dirty and tramp like with a bin liner bag and tatty clothes ect..So she pulled up along side him, and asked him "do you have any money?" (Thinking she was asking him for money - but really she was asking in a way of, do you have any money? No, let me give you a few quid sorta thing) But because he had misunderstood her ..he reached into his pocket, took out a some change, and handed it to her. Even though that's all he had.

Restores my faith in human nature, lol

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
x0x_JoAnNe_x0x said:
awwww that is so sweet i hope she gave it ihim back though lol!
:D Lol yeah she did. She is a rich and cold hearted biatch but even that made her heart melt.

It's hard to trust whether or not to give money to the homeless nowadays though...Most of them just buy booze & drugs with it.

There's this really sweet tramp here that I always see in town, he sits on the pavement with lots of little batman/transformer kind of action figures begging for money lol. And there's another one that uses the sly 'my dog is so cute' technique..he puts sunglasses on his dog and says my dog needs food, please help me. Lol.....

Whenever we go for an all day boozing bender, I always end up giving lots of money to homeless people round town and helping the big issue sellers by ordering everyone to buy a copy hehe