Cruise Travel Experience?

iamTravelr

Admin
Staff member
Blogger
Does anybody experienced a cruise travel? i think sailing/travelling with a cruise in oceans and visiting nice countries like Turkey, Italy, Greece ..etc would be great.

any cruise travel experience?

**claire**

Super Moderator
Admin said:
Does anybody experienced a cruise travel? i think sailing/travelling with a cruise in oceans and visiting nice countries like Turkey, Italy, Greece ..etc would be great.

any cruise travel experience?
I have Umit .....It is lovley ..but not a relaxing holiday, you are visiting a different place everyday (which is very interesting) & obsorbing so much culture & information about the new country that you dont have time to relax.

My best friend used to work for a cruise company..so we would go on the trips for a good price .. we always enjoyed them, & got to visit many places, the only down side for me is that most cruise companies aim for the older generation (over 60's) so the entertainment on the ships is more suited to them .....it was nice to see the older couples dancing (waltzing etc) to all the old music, while i sat at the bar drinking a cocktail tho!! ;) I think this is begining to change & most cruise companies are starting to offer enjoyment for the younger generation also.

:)

**claire**

Super Moderator
Damn_Fine_Black_Girl said:
I once went on a cruise, but not for a long time, only Denmark-Norway Denmark-Poland
It was horribel, got sea sick, dont think i will do it again :p
:D i was sea sick also Charlotte!! ... well thats what im saying it was ...nothing to do with the huge cocktails that i was drinking!!!:confused:

**claire**

Super Moderator
on my first cruise we sailed from Dover (south east england) to honfleur (france) then to Amsterdam then back home it was just a short 4 day trip....

Ive also cruised in the Caribean, europe (Italy etc).

I much prefer a holiday on land tho!!! :)

I always wanted to go on a cruise to the Caribean, but i just dont think i could spend so many weeks on a ship, and being sea sick all the time. Think my holiday would be rouined by it. So If i ever go to the Caribean it will be with a airplain :)

**claire**

Super Moderator
Its not all bad Jo ...the ships are 'normally' of a very high standard & you are treated like royalty .. there are waiters etc constantly around you, asking if you need anything ...the food is amazing ..every one i have been on, there is food available 24hrs a day & some ships have midnight buffets (perfect for those drunken munchies ;) ) 1 cruise i went on had a chocolate buffet ion the last night ..everything was made of chocolate ..a girls dream!! ...the rule for cruising is a 2 week cruise you will put on 1 stone (14lbs) as all you do is eat & drink ..& believe me it does happen:doh:

You get to visit all those wonderful countries ..its just a shame its for such a short time!

I think cruising is good for people who dont know where they want to visit, as it gives you a taster of a wide range of places ...you can then go back on another holiday to the places / cities that you enjoyed!! :)

**i only got sick on my last night ..the weather conditions were awful & the sea was very rough ...it was my 21st birthday & the kitchen staff had made me a HUGE cake .....they put it in front of me & i had to run ....strait to my room to throw up, i felt terrible ..the poor chef thought it was his cooking :( i have never appoligised so much to somebody in my whole life!!**

I sorta went on a cruise before, but when i got home and my feet were on solid ground i was swaying around for about 2 days, i was in the shower in my house and kept nearly falling over lol :D

Its hard to get used to!

I never went on a cruise, but love to sail !! I went on differtent boat trips, but only for a day. Seen a lot of people get sea-sick, I luckely did not :)

A couple moths back I saw a travelprogram on the TV and they were on a saillingboat for a week, sailing along the coast off Turkey, that was sooooo beautiful. I would really love to do that...A real big cruise ship is not really my thing.

Altough I loved LOVE BOAT lol ;)

*starts singing theee loveeeee boat, it's so exiting and new....*

i couldnt go on a cruise i hate deep water i imagine all kinds of nasty things like sharks n killer whales eating my feet!!lol n if i was on a big boat well u know what id be thinking.....titanic!!!!