• Deniz Bank

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • Isbank

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other - please indicate below

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
mattspeechley;107141 said:
Popular or not I believe that ISBANK is the oldest in Turkey and ive never had any probs with then. excellant website for it banking as well:)
Hi Matt
There are more banks than are listed, but unfortunately only 9 can be listed in the way that the thread is set up, hence the "Other - please indicate below"....sorry

Edit....Umit has just made it possible to now have more so Isbank is now included.
Thanks Umit

zozatky;107151 said:
By most popular do you mean the one people like best or the one most people us ?
People tend to vote with there feet !! Without trying and banking with ALL the banks in Kusadasi it is impossible to say which is best, So by seeing which is the most popular bank, "hopefully" that may possibly give an idea as to which is best.

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
We bank with Yapi Kredi/Koc.....Denizbank.......HSBC

All speak good English....which helps a ot.
Yapi best Interest rates when you go in every month.
Deniz and HSBC good for internet.
People in all 3 lovely and helpful.
So Yapi gets my vote....money counts.:woohoo:

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Maybe annie bubble could help on this one----I visit KUS every few months and would like to put a cash sum in a high interest account in lira . which bank would you say is the best for this.I visit about every 5 months for a month at a time the interest would help pay for my expenses and my little renovations that i do to apartment.---many thanks

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
Hi Kibris
I would say Denizbank as their interest is always a little higher than the other banks and as you are not here all the time.If you are interested in on-line banking then HSBC and you can have a e-time deposit account which interest is even higher.If you would like to look at bank sites I have put links for you.
Yapikredi offer a high interest time deposit account but as I have said before you need to be here more often and these rates are not shown on the internet.
http://www.hsbc.com.tr/English/RetailBanking/InterestsFees/
http://www.denizbank.com/EN/ratesfees/VadeliMevduatOranlari.htm

I wont add any other banks you can look for yourself.
Would just like to add I only know about the banks I deal with so someone might be able to help you with some other banks.We have had Yapi(which was Koc) for over 5 years the others for about 2 years.When we first opened banks accounts we visited most of them and asked questions about bank accounts and rates and we went by how we were treated and the interest rates,but that was a few years ago now so thing might have changed.
Hope this helps.
Ann

Kibris.
Look for the post that I put on some time back headed THE BANK THAT LIKES TO SAY YES !! Its all about the Deniz bank at the back of the Caravansaray and Alper the undermanager. He is brill well worth checking out, he will help set up internet banking without visiting the branch, give you the best rates.
In all its the best service we have received at any bank, either here or in the UK.

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Many thanks zozatky this branch would be so convenient as i live very near to the caravanserai i;d only have to walk round the corner!! lol

Garanti Bank

I have used the Garanti bank for the past 5 years. I did start at HSBC but i was given totallly the wrong information when I wanted to transfer money on buying my house.:mad:

The bank manager at Garanti speaks perfect English and is a really helpful guy.:)

Garanti also have internet banking but I have discovered, because I thought UK intrnet, Turkish internet banking I would be able to transfer accross the wires but unfortunately Turkish banks don't have sort codes so you can't! Perhaps I was being to wishful? :doh:

jada35;107772 said:
I have used the Garanti bank for the past 5 years. I did start at HSBC but i was given totallly the wrong information when I wanted to transfer money on buying my house.:mad:

The bank manager at Garanti speaks perfect English and is a really helpful guy.:)

Garanti also have internet banking but I have discovered, because I thought UK intrnet, Turkish internet banking I would be able to transfer accross the wires but unfortunately Turkish banks don't have sort codes so you can't! Perhaps I was being to wishful? :doh:
Whats the interest rates form the Granti.............19%????

ben

Black Knight
The Garanti bank is probably the easiest to use as they speak resonable English, the internet banking works well to.
Hsbc works well on the internet to but their English is poorer in the Kusadasi branch but the intrest rates are higher 18.5% for internet or telephone banking.
You will have no problem transfering money through the bacs system from England if you use the Iban number of your Turkish account (International Banking number )or swift code.
If you are worried send a small sum of money at first !
It costs around £20-30 to send to garanti and maybe as low as £10 to HSBC if you send from a HSBC account in this country even though they are not directly connected.

Anniebubble;107790 said:
Whats the interest rates form the Granti.............19%????

Not if you look at web site. 16%
A friend of mine was out in Turkey this year and said when he went into the garanti in Marmaris it was 19%.????

ben

Black Knight
Intrest rates yoyo all the time dependent on currency fluctuations and the stock markets or political situations,
It also depends on how much money you put in the garanti,
Managers seem to have the abillity to offer higher rates if they want to,
But they may quickly plumit the next month !