Any of you ever worked abroad?

Hi Guys,

Any of you ever worked abroad?? where, when, tell all, any mortifying stories to tell. I worked in The Benelux Restaurant in Kus. Funny Money, 5 million every night. However got my room free upstairs, all my drinks were free along with my dinners!!! What more could a girl ask for. Started at 8pm finished at 2am. Then off to bar street, to finish off my nights. Home around 6am and then up at 10am to the beach, home and did it all again..... ALL FOR SIX MONTHS. It was fab!!! OOOOOH I miss it allll.. booh whooo

Unfortunately

Unfortunately not honey!!! Those days are well and truly gone. Got my self bogged down with responsibilities. House, Baby, New Job. Just holidays now, but still manage to have the time of my life when I get there. MISS IT SOOOOOO MUCH!! What about you, you ever thought about doing something like that???? ;)

Yep

Yes, actually. And I did it too toksoz. Been living in Turkey for 4-1/2 years now. Married twice in Turkey..... once in Fethiye and now remarried in Kusadasi lol. Got a little boy now just 5 months old Yakup. Gorgeous lad.

Work as a hotel manager and tbh dont really get to see much of Kusadasi in summer as am always working.

Turkey is a lovely country and like you have so many memories from so many good days spent in this country. Sitting out on my balcony in the sun right now, writing up the new menus for the restaurant and sipping a large gordons and schweppes tonic - lifes a ***** lol

Good for you babe. Whats the restaurant called then??? Might know you. I have a 3 year old to a Turk. Im coming to Kus in Jul to get divorced. (not my little boys dad). OOOOH Stories Stories. Anything new on the menu???

Not a restaurant - Hotel. Shame about the divorce, hope it all goes through for you with no probs, divorce can be long winded here without the right preparation beforehand but you obviously know enough about Turkey! so guess you know all the issues.

Good luck and if you need any guidance I am no solicitor but have, as all turks do lol, a solicitor who is very good.

Would love to see your diary!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
merlin said:
Sitting out on my balcony in the sun right now, writing up the new menus for the restaurant and sipping a large gordons and schweppes tonic - lifes a ***** lol
So jealous of you right now :(

What hotel do you work in Merlin?

Ah go on we're dying to know, by the way welcome to the forums, good to have you here.

Whats the weather like at the moment, is it heating up nicely in Kusi now?

no but iv always wanted to work abroad its my absolute dream! i got my college interviews nxt week so if im not on too chat before i hope ur all gunna be my lucky charms hehe xxxx

**claire**

Super Moderator
merlin said:
Can I post in here? Might be construed as advertising??

Dont want to upset any of the mods...... Claire??
:confused: dont see why you can't ...quite a few of the boys on here tell us what bars they work in .... go for it!!! :)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
x0x_JoAnNe_x0x said:
i got my college interviews nxt week so if im not on too chat before i hope ur all gunna be my lucky charms hehe xxxx
Aw! Good luck, Dionne. I'll be thinkin' of ya xx *mwah*

Amazing weather here!

Jenny - The weather is unbelievable right now for the time of year. The past few days have been consistently hot and many of the local businesses in Kustur have opened to spring clean.

Tourists are already here in Kustur which must be a good omen for 2005. From my experience the end of this month always sees a couple of days of heavy rain and then ITS SUMMER JAMMIN theron!

Winter has gone so quick this year. We didnt have a winter this year Jenny. No really really cold days. I have Sky television at home and have seen the drab weather you have had.

I know there another thread already but I can really recommend a visit to Kusadasi in the winter.. Nice and Relaxed.

Hope to see you here this year!

Merlin

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
merlin said:
Moved here last year and whilst we were looking for a house stayed there for 5 weeks. Loved it so much I bought it lol
Hahaha that's so cool.

And Your hotel looks Great!!!!!

yeah babe tell us! do it for the country!!! (dying dying of curiosity..... Pleeeeaaaase) IM JEALOUS TOO!!!! have a drink of the gordons for me....XXXX

So merlin let me get this straight you went over to buy an apt and you ended up buying a bloomin hotel???? Go Merlino, where ya from? You say your married, are you married to a Turkish girl?

Call me curious, nah but im very envious of your lifestyle, your very lucky. I was in Kusi for Xmas and we had nice warm days, but come 3 o clock it was baltic. When it was dull it seemed to stay mild well into the evening. The weather in the uk and Ireland has been mild and last weekend it was in the 20's in London so i reckon we're doing ok.

Stop making us jealous ha ha.

Petition to get Jen deported to Turkey!

Yeah married, but under Turkish law can have 2 as long as I convert to Muslim lol

The hotel is leased. Not wanting to make an advert out of the post, weve spent a lot of money refurbishing and think we have a good recipe to deliver a nice package for families. Far too many all inclusive hotels appearing now.

I think everyone who knows Kusadasi will agree, theres very good restaurants around so why go all inclusive? and be tied to a hotel for food.