I need ur opinion

Ok, here's the situation... About a week ago, a 16 year old boy has been beaten up to death in front of his school by his school mates. And only 2 days after that, a boy has been stabbed in the middle of the day in the very center of the city so his 100 Euro phone could be stolen. He survived (fortunately)! Now... Our government wants to put up this law - minors are forbidden to be out after midnight unless they are accompanied by their parents or elder brother/sister. I agree with that law, like most of my friends, but some of them think that's not going to lead us anywhere, and that problems are gonna be even worse. I wanted to hear ur opinions. U almost all live in EU, and (correct me if I'm wrong) minors are not allowed to be out late. We here are just not used to it, since we all leave our houses around 23 - 00 whether we were 25 or 15. So guys, please let me know what u think about it.

cheers S.

How horrible is that!!! As for the law they want to introduce... might save some lives if this is a frequent occurance... However maybe your right it could make matters worse... Is this an isolated incident??

that is terrible what happened but i do not agree with the law and others wont like it either and this will make people want to rebel! i just dont like the idea of someonee other than my parents telling me what time to get in! xx

are there police to patrol the streets to meks sure they are not out?
There are patrols, but they can't help much. This has happened in the middle of damn day! And in front of the school. Even though every school has it's own security. So, as u can see, that can't help much either. :1pissed:

yea i see what you mean!!! well then is there much point in enforcing the law? they need to try and tighten up the security were possible!!!! dont really know babe!! xxxx

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Smilina said:
minors are not allowed to be out late.
I have never heard this before. There are no curfews for minors, well not where I'm from.

You could not do that to the kid's in England...They all hang around the streets late at night ect. It would be difficult to stop. If you tell them they can't..it would make them rebel even more.

**claire**

Super Moderator
Carmella said:
I have never heard this before. There are no curfews for minors, well not where I'm from.

You could not do that to the kid's in England...They all hang around the streets late at night ect. It would be difficult to stop. If you tell them they can't..it would make them rebel even more.
Carmella ..some places over here have introduced curfews ..i cnat remember exactly where it was ...the lakes i think??

anyone under 16 had to be in by 10pm!! :confused:

**claire** said:
Carmella ..some places over here have introduced curfews ..i cnat remember exactly where it was ...the lakes i think??

anyone under 16 had to be in by 10pm!! :confused:
Nah Nah - I believe its Cambridge - lots of weirdos around those parts! LOL

Hey guys!! Thanx a lot for ur posts, I really appreciate ur opinions. It’s all new to me, so I wanted to hear opinions from someone who is not from my country. Thanx again.

xxx S.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
hahaha I'd vote for ya!

I loved old Maggie, she was the best Battleaxe..least she got things done.

Vote Dionne into the Houses of Parliment now!

They will have to tackle this problem by the source, although it's hard.
Putting up an evening clock reminds me of other things.
I don't think this will work.

i totally agree with this law. Now parents let their 12-years-old children going outside n they even go to Discos. But i think not after 16 years old (becoz in France 16 years old is penaly major)

Croushy said:
i totally agree with this law. Now parents let their 12-years-old children going outside n they even go to Discos. But i think not after 16 years old (becoz in France 16 years old is penaly major)
Yea, I agree with that 16 year old thing. It'd be good enough. O well, we'll see it soon enough, and I'll inform ya...

cheers

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
x0x_JoAnNe_x0x said:
i wanna be like elle woods off legally blonde i watched both films last night and was soo enspired! id sort out bruisers bill! and id let that fat man cheerlead 4 me!!!! xxx
Luv those films! This boy I know calls me Elle coz he says I am so like her :eek: don't know if thats a good thing she's a bit shallow hahaa..

Come on Joey, Lets do the bend and snap :p

I am a bit late here, but wanne give my opinion !!

At first I have to say it horrible such things happen !! About the law...well it might be a solution but I really think everybody must work at it so anyone can come out in the streets anytime of day, on his own !! And when such things happen I can stop thinking why the people around it will not do anything...We all have to look out for eachother and must not be afraid of standing up to the bullies !! It makes me really pissed :1pissed: