Interesting Story, Irish Crown Jewels

Here is an interesting story, the Irish Crown jewels which included the sword of Brian Boru, the ancient and first real High King of a United Ireland (975ad), and relics of St Patrick (worth 5million today) were stolen from Dublin Castle in 1907. There is a lot of specualtion as to there whereabouts and they hae never been recovered. It is strongly believed that they were stolen by the English authorities who had occupation of Ireland at the time and used Dublin Castle as their head officeand that the crown jewels are now part of the UK Royal families "collection". This is a bit speculative but there appears to be a lot of information supporting these claims. Further, letters have been sent from officials of the Irish Government over the last 2 years to the English Gov and Royal Family requesting the return of the Irish Crown Jewels.

Tere was no responce from either. The Clan of the O'Brien (decendants of the mighty Brian Boru) have tried to investigate the matter further and have sent this letter to the Irish Government.

Mr. Bertie Ahern T.D
Taoiseach
Department of the Taoiseach
Government Offices
Upper Merrion Street
Dublin 2,
Ireland

Dear Taoiseach,

Brian Boru's sword is more than just an O'Brien family heirloom, it is part of the common heritage that all Irish people share, as well as being a tangible connection to the man who first united Ireland one thousand years ago.

The Garda has an Arts and Antiquities unit that could be given the task of finding the sword and seeing that it is preserved in a museum as a national treasure.

We O'Briens request your support for a government policy to recover the stolen sword of Brian Boru and to preserve and display it in a museum for all the Irish to see.

The sword of Brian Boru is a tangible link to the man who first united Ireland, and is more than a family heirloom, it is an Irish national treasure. It is hoped that during this 1000 year anniversary period (2002-2014), the Brian Boru sword may be located.

Respectfully,

Pretty interesting eh?!!!
Its the longest running and biggest mystery in Irish history possibly.

Where are the Irish Crown Jewels!

Man i did not know there was a movie, Merlin you are truly a wizard...you know everything.

However i was really excited when i read this:

Based on the International bestseller 'Lion of Ireland' by Morgan Llywelyn

Genre Drama/Action Adventure

Period 10th Century

Location Ireland

Pitch
Brian Boru's story is rich in truth and legend. Out of the mist of the country's most violent age, a time when the Norsemen savaged and plundered Ireland at will, he emerged to lead his people too the peak of their golden era.

He was a warrior, and lover: Stronger, braver, and wiser than all other men- the greatest King Ireland has ever known.

His women were as remarkable as his adventures: Fiona, the druidess with mystical powers; Deirdre, the beautiful victim of a Norse invader's brutal lust; and Gormlaith, the six foot red haired Goddess of sensuality.

Set against the barbaric splendours of the tenth century, this is a story in which friends become deadly enemies, bedrooms turn into battlefields and a father and son become strangers unto themselves. Finally together, at the battle of Clontarf, the bloodiest in Irish history, their love and their dreams of glory are truly fulfilled.

Braveheart and El Cid meet The Vikings

Estimated budget 40 - 50 million $

Market International

Im so buyin the book from the us lol :p

Thanks oh great wizard, i cant wait to see the movie, its gonna be great. I think its gonna be called "Warrior King"!

Shannon said:
Im so buyin the book from the us lol :p

Thanks oh great wizard, i cant wait to see the movie, its gonna be great. I think its gonna be called "Warrior King"!
Shannon - did you order the book?

Merv

I did buy the book ha ha, mind you it still hasnt bloody arrived :mad:

I wonder where it is?!!!

Im desperate to see the movie though, i wish they would hurry up and make it!

Shannon said:
I did buy the book ha ha, mind you it still hasnt bloody arrived :mad:

I wonder where it is?!!!

Im desperate to see the movie though, i wish they would hurry up and make it!
No prob with Amazon - you can trust them to deliver.

You should have a tracking number with the email receipt so you can contact them and find out when it was despatched.

Yeh i do, just havnt bothered checking lol, i probably ought to do it soon though!

I know most of the stuff about Brian Boru but ive read a few of that author's books and they are quite good. She's an American obsessed with Irish history, myth and folklore :)