learn a little turkish!!!

i think thers quite a few ppl on here who wanna learn sum turkish, soooo i fort id post sum stuff!!! firstly u gota learn the most horrible difficult thing!!!its called vowel harmony!!!!!!!arrghh!!

VOWEL HARMONY!

Turkish vowels are divided into 4 sections according to how they sound. They are :

round and non-round vowels
and front and back vowels.

round vowels are pronounced by ‘rounding’ our lips when we speak
for non-round vowels, we do not.

Round: O’s and U’s

Non Round: A’s, E’s & İ’s

The four front vowels are made with the jaw loose, and the sound seems to come from the front of the mouth

Try whispering the four back vowels but ‘attack’ the sound, and you should feel the air at the back of your mouth

Front: E and vowels with dots

Back: A and vowels without dots

Front E İ Ö Ü
Back A I O U

to keep in with that Vowel Harmony you need to keep the right sounds together. Front follows front, back follows back…..

Seviyorum (sev-i-yorum) Aşkım (ash-kum)
Televizyon (tele-viz-iyon) Canım (jan-um)

If new of this info is wrong pleeese corrct me!!!x hope its helpful!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Oh i didn't notice this before. Keep them coming Miss. Amber. You can be mine and Joey's Turkish teacher..

Although tbh it goes in one ear and out the other. Hmm, or should that be in my eye and out my ear. well, whatever..this sort of stuff never seems to stick. I need to find a fun way to learn it. Maybe hire a sexy Turkish man who uses his 6 pack as a black board. Bet id pay attention then, or he could remove an item of clothing everytime I learn a new bit of grammar ..oops going off on one here...

that wud get me to learn i find it really difficult to remember turkish although i really wanna learn if anyone knows sum *fit* male turkish teachers who have 6 packs as blackboards please call Cher and Dionne immediately!! on 0800 BOOGIE BOOGIE!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Wit woo wit woo boogie boogie boogie!!!!!!!

Call us now, call us goood, call us baby just like you should.
My neck, my back, call my pusssyyy and my crack

:doh:

i think it is good that people are trying to learn turkish !
it is only wright you should be able to say hellow to someone in there own languige
sharon
x

hey sarah

thanks for your useful advice!!! i am going to start and teach myself again i gave up after a while!!! lol

cheers chick
xxxxxx

right girlies heres sum more!!!u better practice becoz i will be testing u!!!(evil laugh)lol

plurals!!!!

A plural ending in Turkish is either -ler or -lar, depending on what the last vowel in the singular word is!!!sooo i hope u have learnt the vowel harmony rules!!!!examples are:

çiçek =flower çiçekler =flowers

kız= girl kızlar=girls

now time 4 u to do sum work!!!make these words into plurals by putting the correct ending on according to the VOWEL HARMONY RULEZ!!!

banana muz

apple elma

dog köpek

arkadaş friend

kedi cat

el hand

Erkek = man

kiz= girl

I will post the ansas tomorow!!!!get learning or ul be liable to sever punishment!!!hehehe :p

Gramma -Olmak

Just thought ill add a little to this part :)

To Be -Olmak

(y)im------- I am
Sin--------- U are
(dir)--------He/She/it/that- Is
(y)iz-------- We are
siniz-------- U are (formal)
(dir)ler/lar---- They are

Example
Güzel

Güzelim-------- Im Beautiful
Güzelsin-------- U r beautiful
Güzel---------- He/she/it/that is beautiful (dir is not used, my old teacher tought us that u only say it when u r talking about somebody's profession, like doctor ect. dont know if he was right, bcause he was a very bad teacher :p.Maybe somebody out there thats a little better, can explain (Dir)???? )
Güzeliz--------- We r beautiful
Güzelsiniz------ U are beaufiful (formal)
Güzeller------- They are beautiful

(y) r used when to vovels r they same like in Like
hasta
U can not say hastaim (im sick) u have to say Hastayim

Remember to use the vowel system all the time..... VERY IMPORTANT

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
kusadasigirl69 said:
banana muz

apple elma

dog köpek

arkadaş friend

kedi cat

el hand

Erkek = man

kiz= girl
:huh: :huh: :huh: I have no hope, coz I find this so difficult...Thickos-r-us

1) Muz = muzlar

2) Elma = Elmalar

3) Köpek = köpekler

4) Arkadaş = Arkadaşlar

5) Kedi = Kediler

6) El = Eller

7) Erkek = Erkekler

8) Kiz = Kizlar

F

sorry miss well u see i was walking to school with it in my bag but then i was stopped by spongebob and we went to a party under the see where me and my homework were held hostage! we were then rescued by pingu and i fell asleep on his sledge next thing i knew i was in austrailia talking to kangeroos who then gave me a ride back home but my home was being attacked by martians so i rang the google busters and they came to the rescue somewhere within all this happening my homework disappeared sorry! hehe xxx what an excuse!

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
x0x_JoAnNe_x0x said:
sorry miss well u see i was walking to school with it in my bag but then i was stopped by spongebob and we went to a party under the see where me and my homework were held hostage! we were then rescued by pingu and i fell asleep on his sledge next thing i knew i was in austrailia talking to kangeroos who then gave me a ride back home but my home was being attacked by martians so i rang the google busters and they came to the rescue somewhere within all this happening my homework disappeared sorry! hehe xxx what an excuse!
:D

well it's way more original than your dog eating it. Sarah is from LA LA LAND - she knows anything is possible...