Anyone been to Marmaris??

Me again. I was in Marmaris about 5 years ago. Most of the time was spent in a drunken haze but I do know that I loved the place. There is a Bar St. there too but it is very different to Kus Bar St., but still really good.

The one thing I do remember was a pace called Alexanders Steak house and the food was fab (may have changed since though) so check it out. I also remember a few bars, Venice, Cheers, one called something Garden, that had a really good drag act! lol

Don't worry, Marmaris is gorgeous, you'll have a ball ;) PS, there is great shopping, a huge bizarre.

Hi

I went to Marmaris last year and the year before. it's a lovely place and I will definately be going back again. The Bar street is different. You don't tend to get the guys dancing on the bars etc but it's still really good. You can also sit and have a drink overlooking the sea around Netsel Marina...it's beautiful and there is a lovely breeze! There are hundreds of fantastic restaurants...it's a nightmare trying to decide where to eat! Try some of the Turkish bars as they are a lot less expensive!

Tracy xx

kusadasigirl69 said:
hey has anyone on here been to marmaris before??wats the night life like? any info would be gr8!!!xxx :p
Marmaris & Icmeler rock! The nightlife is super, the beach is a bit small though..

Marmaris

Me and my family go to Icmeler every yr which is next to marmaris, have fab time, going again in sept, but also have booked to go to Kus in 7 wks time with my sis and her husband who is from Kus.

Bilge said:
Whatever dude, Çesme is the best!!! :p
Have to agree!! Cesme is fab!! Never tried Marmaris, but must say had very good reports. Another favourite of mine is Bodrum. Just dont drink raki then take a walk on the pier, and fall off like me. That stuff gets me pissed from the neck down.

toksoz said:
Have to agree!! Cesme is fab!! Never tried Marmaris, but must say had very good reports. Another favourite of mine is Bodrum. Just dont drink raki then take a walk on the pier, and fall off like me. That stuff gets me pissed from the neck down.

Marmaris IMO has its good points however, I never understand people swimming in the sea right next door to a marina!

Its a bit like the Kusadasi harbour and all those big ships - I certainly wouldnt use the sea for swimming to the sides of the harbour.

For me, Antalya (Kemer) I think is super. Very clean, sandy and loads of space for a bit of privacy.

For an exclusive beach where there are very few tourists, I can truly recommend Pattara (about an hour drive past Fethiye).