Tipping in Turkey

**claire**

Super Moderator
#1
In most of the hotels and restaurants service is not included in the bill, and you should calculate and leave a tip of around 10% for most services, and 15% in higher class eating establishments (if you believe the service warrants it).

many of the workers are dependent on tips, as the salarys in Turkey are generally low.
keep in mind to tip the youngsters carrying your bags in the markets and your luggage in the hotels.

In coiffeurs and barbers it is customary to tip the person who serves you depending on the work involved.

In general, the right kind of tipping can open many doors.

Please note that tipping the taxi drivers is not the custom in Turkey
 
#4
You two are as thick as thieves,lol!

Well done Claire its good to remind people about this kind of stuff, i always tip when eating out!! Especially in Turkey because their basic is so low, and they're always more than polite.
 

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
#5
They are ain't they.:D Their banter is funny to read hehe

I always tip, no matter where..but In Turkey especially...I made sure to give the room maids a huge tip.

It still astounds me no matter how little they get paid - they are just sooooo friendly and will do anything for you.
 
#6
the staff in many hotels take care of You

so they deserve to recive tips...

but if we take a look at how do Russians treat the staff then I would like to send them to space!!
 

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
#7
Lemon said:
but if we take a look at how do Russians treat the staff then I would like to send them to space!!
Lmao! I know what you mean... Obviously you can't tar all of them with the same Brush but the one's at the hotel I was staying at were really so very rude to the staff/other people staying at the hotel. Honestly, they were treating the staff likes slaves.
 
#8
thats becouse Russians thinl that their are the greatest of all nations!!!!

I witnesed such scenes that I couldnt belive my eyes!!!

and the way they dress when its 30 degrees is outstanding...

but of course wy cant trough thenn in one basket!!

and a nother thig is that they know only russian... not a word in other languages!!!!
 

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
#9
Lemon said:
thats becouse Russians thinl that their are the greatest of all nations!!!!

I witnesed such scenes that I couldnt belive my eyes!!!

and the way they dress when its 30 degrees is outstanding...

but of course wy cant trough thenn in one basket!!

and a nother thig is that they know only russian... not a word in other languages!!!!
Yeah they speak only Russian. Luckily I know how to speak a few words of Russian. Even though it is only 'hello, how are you? im fine Thank you. **** you' hehe...

Yeah they really don't dress for the occasion..You know how most people will wear flip flops by the pool...you can spot a Russian a mile away with their hugh heeled platform shoes. The kind you are meant to wear if you are in a porn film lol. :D

There was this funny Russian guy at my hotel sunbathing in long trousers and a jumper with his trousers rolled up and socks on. Hahah I thought it was hilarius. He wore that everyday for 2 weeks...

back on topic: :whistle: everyone should make the effort to tip. thankyouplease...
 
#10
and of course all of them were clothes like D&G Gucci and everything that has shiny things!!!

my favorit was a girl with long high heel shoes with fur... and I dont need to mention that it was way above 30C...

but as for tipping.. its very important and I would say it's a part of good manners!!
 
#11
Whats up with the Russians, do they holiday in Turkey too? Sorry im a bit ignorant here but ive yet to spend time in Turkey during the summer months.
 

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
#12
Lemon said:
and of course all of them were clothes like D&G Gucci and everything that has shiny things!!!

my favorit was a girl with long high heel shoes with fur... and I dont need to mention that it was way above 30C...
:D :D yup, sounds about right hehe.


Jenny said:
Whats up with the Russians, do they holiday in Turkey too? Sorry im a bit ignorant here but ive yet to spend time in Turkey during the summer months.
Yeah they do Jen. I met loads of Russian's whilst I was there. Even more than English..
 

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
#15
At the hotel I was staying at, even all of the animation team were Russian.

and lol @ Lee..yes I heard that too. They come over, and will do anything for money..It's quite sad actually =(
 
#17
Yep ive seen them too, now theres a job we could do!!! lol only jokin, couldnt imagine myself wearing one of those 10 dolla dresses!!
 
Top