Turkish Vet and the dead parrot....

A woman who recently moves to Turkey takes her very limp parrot into the local veterinary surgery.

As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listens to the bird's chest.

After a moment or two, the vet shakes his head sadly and says, "I'm so sorry, Polly has passed away".

The distressed woman says, "Are you sure? I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. Typical bloody Turkey! He might just be in a coma or something?"

The vet rolls his eyes, shrugs, turns and leaves the room returning a few moments later with beautiful black Labrador.

As the bird's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stands on his hind legs, puts his front paws on the examination table and sniffs the dead parrot from top to bottom. The dog then looks at the vet with sad eyes and shakes his head.

The vet takes the dog out and returns a few moments later with a cat! The cat jumps up and also sniffs delicately at the parrot.

The cat sits back, shakes its head, meows and runs out of the room.

The vet looked at the tourist and says, "I'm sorry; but like I said, Your parrot is most definitely 100% certifiably ... dead."

He then turns to his computer terminal, hits a few keys and produces a bill which he hands to the woman.

The parrot's owner, still in shock, takes the bill. "500YTL!" she cries. "500YTL just to tell me my bird is dead?!"

The vet shrugs. "If you'd taken my word for it the bill would only have been 50YTL,

but... what with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan...":D :D :D :D :D

So! she gets a new parrot!

She goes to the pet shop and immediateley spots a large beautiful parrot for sale for £50.

Why so little she asked the pet shop owner,

The owner looked at her and said look, you need to know that this bird used to live in a whore house and sometimes it says some pretty vulgar stuff....

The woman thought about it, but decided she wanted the bird anyway after loosing her last one.

She took it home and hung the cage up in her living room and waited for it to say something.

The bird looked around then looked at her and said new house, new madam, she was a bit shocked but then thought thats not so bad really.

When her two daughters arrived home from school, the bird saw them and said, new house, new madam, new girls.

The girls and the woman were a bit offended but then began to laugh about the situation.

Moments later the womans Turkish husband came home from work, the bird looked at him and said, Hosgeldiniz Mehmet Bey!!

:p

Shannon said:
aahhh good one lol

Boy do i feel a little stupid lol, i knew Mehmet was a name but didnt recognise the rest :eek:

Ta! my fault! Soz!! Will edit and change Shannon.
Just thought we had enough Turkish in the forum to get away with this one.

Repost

merlin said:
She goes to the pet shop and immediateley spots a large beautiful parrot for sale for £50.

Why so little she asked the pet shop owner,

The owner looked at her and said look, you need to know that this bird used to live in a whore house and sometimes it says some pretty vulgar stuff....

The woman thought about it, but decided she wanted the bird anyway after loosing her last one.

She took it home and hung the cage up in her living room and waited for it to say something.

The bird looked around then looked at her and said new house, new madam, she was a bit shocked but then thought thats not so bad really.

When her two daughters arrived home from school, the bird saw them and said, new house, new madam, new girls.

The girls and the woman were a bit offended but then began to laugh about the situation.

Moments later the womans Turkish husband came home from work, the bird looked at him and said, Hello Mehmet!!

:p

See now if ya'd said "Merhaba Mehmet" or "Salem Mehmet" that i would have understood lol :p

My Turkish is not so good yet im afraid, ya think id learn considering im bloody marrying a Turk lol