furniture

Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me. We bought an apartment in Kusadasi in Jnauary(still waiting for paperwork to be sorted!). Going out in May to furnish it and we need everything as its new. We've been told to go to Izmir for furniture as its cheaper there. Can anyone give us any further info or a realistic total cost for the job lot, furniture curtains etc etc. thanks

mickycoops said:
Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me. We bought an apartment in Kusadasi in Jnauary(still waiting for paperwork to be sorted!). Going out in May to furnish it and we need everything as its new. We've been told to go to Izmir for furniture as its cheaper there. Can anyone give us any further info or a realistic total cost for the job lot, furniture curtains etc etc. thanks
mickycoops Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Furnishing is not a problem however, you really do not want to be buying as you say in Kusadasi.

Far too limited choice and the prices are too high IMO.

You do not say how big your new house is or how many rooms you want to furnish - a bit more information would be helpful to give you some idea of costs.

Once again, welcome!

Hi all thanks for the welcome. No we won't be bringing anything with us as initially its a holiday home though who knows in the future? Its a brand new apartment 3 bed so we need the works

mickycoops said:
Hi all thanks for the welcome. No we won't be bringing anything with us as initially its a holiday home though who knows in the future? Its a brand new apartment 3 bed so we need the works
Presumably, you want to get it furnished quickly? that way you can move into your new home with your own furniture and enjoy the apartment.

Send me a private message ok and I can give you my mobile telephone number. We can go together to Izmir and make sure you get the best choice and more importantly the best deal!

Nice to have you in Turkey micky!

Lee (Merlin)

Hi Merlin
I too will probably be in Kus in may and be looking to furnish a house I have just purchased along with another purchaser as well. With enough people interested I'm pretty sure a good deal could be struck along with reduced delivery charges.
Tony

Tony Halpin said:
Hi Merlin
I too will probably be in Kus in may and be looking to furnish a house I have just purchased along with another purchaser as well. With enough people interested I'm pretty sure a good deal could be struck along with reduced delivery charges.
Tony
Tony, no problem. The more the merrier he he;)

Hi everyone

Found this on another site, thought it might be helpfull.

I don't know if this will help all that much as it relates to the now famous Ege Spot Shop in Kusadasi, and I think you are in Marmaris, but, here are some examples.

When we were there last week, we popped in and had the guy draw us up a list of all the basic items needed for furnishing a 3 bedroom house.We asked for the LOWEST priced items prices so as to have an idea of the most basic costs.

Standard size dual fuel cooker electic and gas rings and an electric oven
full size frost-free freezer(arcelik)
automatic washing machine (indesit)
dishwasher(his suggestion probably won't bother)
7 piece electrical starter pack inc kettle, toaster, iron, (ironing board etc)
good quality 5 piece set of pots and pans with glass lids
24 inch Beko colour TV with stand
DVD,VCD,do it all model tv thingy
stereo CD, tape,radio with very good speakers
double bed with hydraulic lift-up for under bed storage
ditto single beds x2
double wardrobe(choice of styles and colours mininmum 3 door)
ditto single
basic 4 piece Turkish suite

Total cost 1,400 GBP and thats including free delivery and installation of all items.

We thought this was very good.Obviously,it's all a matter of personal taste, and i'm one of those who couldn't care two hoots about the colour of electrical appliances, so long as they do the job, thats fine.

Does anyone know, or have used this shop, still got a few thing to buy for my place.

johnsonspad said:
Total cost 1,400 GBP and thats including free delivery and installation of all items.

We thought this was very good.Obviously,it's all a matter of personal taste, and i'm one of those who couldn't care two hoots about the colour of electrical appliances, so long as they do the job, thats fine.

Does anyone know, or have used this shop, still got a few thing to buy for my place.
"Spot" shops basically sell end of range or discontinued items. They can be a good way of sourcing cheap goods as long as you are willing to expect a limited choice of models or brands.

As with all electrical goods/white goods in Turkey, installation by an authorised service agent is imperative if you are to retain ANY guarantee rights.

Even connecting a television or washing machine yourself can invalidate the warranty, so my point is, delivery and installation plays little bearing on the end price.

As for pricing, the best thing to do is shop around.

Hi Merlin

Thanks for your reply.

I have all my electrical goods, the things I need are beds,sheets,blankets,pillows and all my kithen utensils eg.pots,pans,cockery and cuterlery.

Does this shop do these kind of items and are they really as cheap as the letter seems to say, or can you recommend somewhere else?.

My agent has offered to take me into Izmir when I next come to Kusadasi, is this my best bet.

Many thanks

Hi everyone I'd just like to thank everyone for the replies I received. We found most of it very helpful. Won't be long now before we get back "home". :) Flying out on 5 may but sadly only for two weeks :(

furnishing property

We have bought a small house in the long beach area and yes we are going in May to furnish! Out estate agent eskidji reckon they have alfemo shop locally and can get discount if all furniture bought. Will check it out before committing.